Hi All,
In the beginning There was a Plan, It might not be the best plan in the world, but it never made any such claim in the first place, Its name is Plan A.

The Object of Plan A is to allow me to make cool new man toys and convert my Garage into a proper Man Cave workshop. thrown into this somewhere, I'll end up with a CNCRP 4848CNC router, running NEMA34 steppers, Mach3, a Hitachi x200 series VFD and a 2.2kw chinese watercooled spindle.
Housed in a nice warm garage with a nice Roof, new floor, and new door, new windows, and totally re wired and God forbid.... Organised.

Those are the objectives, and they are subject to change you have been warned.

I'll be doing this in my spare time, between Work and family, So it may become a long drawn out affair.
So far, Stage 1 of operation clueless has already begun.

>The leaky flat roof has gone, and been replaced with a nice new slopey one, which doesn't let the outside in.

> The Old metal up and over Garage door that had definatley seen better days, along with the two inch gap at the sides has also given way to a brand new 42mm insulated sectional steel one this weekend.

> And the windows have been measured, and ordered.

I have also measured the garage dimensions in order to build a 3d mock up in sketchup. which will help with costings and layout, and hopefully save on the back pain.

Iv'e just Ordered my VFD, and Electrical enclosure, and I'm just about to pull the trigger on some NEMA 34's and other Electrickery from Ahren at CNCRP's.
Plan A calls for the building of my electronics first while I wait for the New metric based mechanical side of the machine, I'll be getting on with the Garage and building the control box etc, One of which of these things I can do, lets face it, Its not hard using a Hammer, tell me again , where do the nails go in the control box?

Updates Soon, ish...
Rik.