. .
    Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Gents,

bought some stainless steel bolts from ebay, which arrived today. They are A2 SS, but the quality seems to be rather...hmm, rubbish. I'm normally rather picky when it comes, well to anything, but the bolts I got look more like zinc plated, due to the surface finish:

The one on the left is A4 M5 cap head I bought of a different seller, the two on the right are the most recent ones. You can see the heads are different and the surface isn't exactly super smooth. Is this normal or is this indeed bad? The new ones have A2 stamped on the top.

Regards,
    dsc.

sorry but you ordered bolts from ebay.. support your local merchants and acctually go in to a store and buy the stuff you need

Try these people MULTIPLE, CAP HEAD ALLEN KEY SOCKET items in A BOLT FTB store on eBay! I've never had a problem with them.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Is screwfix no good for you, there is one in Lincoln.

Fasteners are one of few examples where shopping on-line tends to cost more. Google to find out if there is a fasteners shop near you. There's one near where I live which stock a huge range of fasteners at reasonable prices, and another at less reasonable prices.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    The reason why I got stuff of ebay is due to the fact that I work long days, away from any form of life activity (apart from the people I work with) and so getting stuff online is much easier. In addition I only needed 10-20 odd bolts and was almost sure that a normal store will ask me to buy bulk (or at least bags of 50). The photo above is posted simply out of curiosity as I'm not an expert on fasteners and so thought I'd ask before looking around for more.

@r0bsk1: this is actually where these came from

@D.C.: didn't think Screwfix does all the sizes I needed, although I'll check

@Jonathan: guess this proves what you are saying, I'll try to find something local and compare.

Regards,
    dsc.

Lee,

PM sent.

Cheers
    dsc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Just nipped out to feed the hens
    Seeing your chooks has reminded me of Peggity, the most intelligent... and best looking... of my gals back then. Sadly I don't have any pics of her, but she had a similar complexion to your one on the left.

Ah, Good memories of Loch Broom / rural Ullapool... ;-)

Thread Information