. .
    I used to use this software when i worked a Sabre 404 (gerber). Is it possible to use this software with whats going to be my home made cnc router? if so, how much would i be expecting to pay. If not , whats the best equivalent?. I,m ok with computers (not a wizard), and i,m looking to start learning the software that i,m going to be using, whilst my build is in progress. Thank you in advance.

alex

Hi Alex,

Not over familiar with ARTpath or Auto-Carve myself, if you would rather the beast you know then give Spandex in Bristol a call they should be able to help you with a price and so on. Tel: 01454 616 444 - http://spandex.co.uk

Have a look at Aspire and/or vCarve Pro from Vectric, there are a number of users here using both and Vectric has quite a fan base.

.Me
    .Me

thank you lee, funny you should say speak to spandex, as thats where i used the maching, the scottish spandex. I,ll have a wee look at the ones you suggest, and see how i get on. Thanks very much, and i,ll let you know how i get on.

alex

Quote Originally Posted by alex wight View Post
    thank you lee, funny you should say speak to spandex, as thats where i used the maching, the scottish spandex. I,ll have a wee look at the ones you suggest, and see how i get on. Thanks very much, and i,ll let you know how i get on.

alex
    Vetric have a free download for their software so you can download & try it out yourself to see if you get on with it, they also have some tutorials which looked to be pretty good & a forum which is well supported. Worth having a look at although I don't suppose it will suit everyone.

If you have any software like Corel, Illustrator that is vector based then you can use that for design work but you then need a cam program to convert the exported files to G code for mach3 to run.

There is also Artcam from Delcam, Express starts reasonably at 100 quid but a lot of features are extra

CNC Software For Woodworking, Jewellery, Sign Making, Routing, Milling, Carving and Engraving | ArtCAM 2011

Meshcam and Meshcam Art ,full functioning demos that can cut own parts

MeshCAM Art - Artistic CAD/CAM Software

Thread Information