. .

Thread: 7' X 4' Combi

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Sorry Rick, I thought you were a bit further down the line than that. I had not realized you still had so much to do, but at the speed your'e going at it won't be long now. G.

Well there is a lesson learned!!.

Today I fitted the drag chain, and spent two hours drilling, and routing the cables through the frame back to the control box, Oh how neat it was, i fitted three bright new NPN-NO-6-36v proximity sensors to the X- Axis....LOL oh what fun that was.

Evertime i powered up the driver a sensor triggered, I didnt know what was going on.

I had used some 5 core cable for the steppers leaving 1 spare wire in each cable for the sensor, I had already run some wire up to the gantry for the sensor supply..

So now that i know i will have to use Screened cables on the machine so i dont get all these stray signals.
    Can anyone suggest a four core screened cable that wont rip my arm off please, as i will wire the whole machine with what ever i get.

The drivers are 2MA860H Peak 7.2A AC50V-80V DC36V-110V running at 72VAC driving 4NM NEMA 24 Motors

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Here you go. CY Cable 4 Core

Don't run power cables along side signal cables.! Even shielded cables else your asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Here you go. CY Cable 4 Core

Don't run power cables along side signal cables.! Even shielded cables else your asking for trouble.
    Cheers Jazz.. So how do you get power cables up onto the gantry?

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Dean,
    Is that 4 core 4 numbered cores plus earth or 3cores and earth ?
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Dean,
    Is that 4 core 4 numbered cores plus earth or 3cores and earth ?
    4core = 3 numbered + Earth Need eyes like super man thou to see numbers not very good in that regards but it's cheap enough and Ok quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Cheers Jazz.. So how do you get power cables up onto the gantry?

Rick
    Carefully. . .Lol . . . They will be ok in same Cable chain if not too tight Just don't fasten them together with cable ties/tape or owt daft like that.!!

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Carefully. . .Lol . . . They will be ok in same Cable chain if not too tight Just don't fasten them together with cable ties/tape or owt daft like that.!!
    Just a daft thought, but if interference is a problem here would putting a divider in place made of copper tape help isolate the data/power?

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    Just a daft thought, but if interference is a problem here would putting a divider in place made of copper tape help isolate the data/power?
    Yes anything that gives some separation will work. The better cable chains like Igus can be bought with dividers that can be inserted.
    With higher Power cables like from VFD I run bit of silicone tube between, often it's water pipes, but anything that can keep a bit of separation really.

I find those that have the most troubles with noise are the neat freaks that need everything tied and bound together with cable ties or tape.!!

Ric What voltage are you powering the Prox sensors with.? . . . . Running 24V on signal cables makes a big difference to noise handling has well.!! Often folks use 5V for Limits etc signal cables and get noise, esp if they haven't been too careful with ground or cable routing.!

Yes anything that gives some separation will work. The better cable chains like Igus can be bought with dividers that can be inserted.
    With higher Power cables like from VFD I run bit of silicone tube between, often it's water pipes, but anything that can keep a bit of separation really.

I find those that have the most troubles with noise are the neat freaks that need everything tied and bound together with cable ties or tape.!!

Ric What voltage are you powering the Prox sensors with.? . . . . Running 24V on signal cables makes a big difference to noise handling has well.!! Often folks use 5V for Limits etc signal cables and get noise, esp if they haven't been too careful with ground or cable routing.!
    Well, whilst sorting out what ports to use and testing them i used 5V (just to keep things simple and at the right voltages for the board)but they wernt on the machine, it wasnt untill i did all the fiddly threading of the wires through the frame and the cable chain that i got problems, i then tried it on 12v as that is what i wanted to use anyhow, but still hadnt decided how to bring that back down to 5v for the bob.

Rick

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information