. .

Thread: 7' X 4' Combi

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    First V-Carve Output Simulation, using 8mm Endmill, It looks so simple when you look at this picture.... Well its not.. This is just the backplate from the Y-side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jazz Backplate Y.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	7872

I Used the Sketchup model just for dimensions, and re-drew the lot in V-Carve, none of this fancy importing stuff, it never goes right for me..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Rick the trick is to import the 3D model then extract the edges, dump the model and the lines not required and use these for the toolpaths. . .. . . . Simplizzz

Edit: This happens all the time. Folks ask me to make stuff and send me 3D models taking ages over making them only for me to just explode them for the 2D lines/arcs.!! . . . . .If they just asked in first place could have saved them hours. . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Rick the trick is to import the 3D model then extract the edges, dump the model and the lines not required and use these for the toolpaths. . .. . . . Simplizzz

Edit: This happens all the time. Folks ask me to make stuff and send me 3D models taking ages over making them only for me to just explode them for the 2D lines/arcs.!! . . . . .If they just asked in first place could have saved them hours. . Lol
    Jazz if you dont mind me asking, What cam software do you use to output to mach?

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Jazz if you dont mind me asking, What cam software do you use to output to mach?

Rick
    I use BobCad Cam V24

And the front of the backplate.

Name:	Jazz Backplate Z.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	7873

Just the mounts and the motor/Screw mount now.

Rick

Ok took a few pictures of the progress.

Name:	20130224_163950D.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	307.1 KB 
ID:	8267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130219_140756.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	8263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130219_170524.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	216.8 KB 
ID:	8264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130224_163855.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	8265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130224_165100.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	8266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130219_170437D.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	317.7 KB 
ID:	8268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130224_163811D.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	267.4 KB 
ID:	8269

Now comes the fitting of the motor assembly and X Twin Ballscrews...Hmmm Im sure that will be fun, it took me long enough to get the frame parallel..

Rick

Ive now reduced the Z to 250mm Max and reduced the gantry mass considerably. Im hoping to have the screws/ motors mounted and close to test by tomorrow evening, But i cannot do any tests antil i recieve the two pulleys and belt to connect the steppers together as a precaution against single motor failure twisting the gantry. Im also looking for a source of 1.6mm 8x4 sheet steel, but the delivery costs are more money than the steel itself... Grrrrr

Rick

Rick If those pieces that look like 1" box are for the bed support then it's not going to strong enough with big chance you'll get bed dipping.
    The forces when plunging and ramping etc can be high.! Even my 50mm box with 16mm Ali bed can flex when plunging into hard materials. Honestly don't under estimate the forces.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Rick If those pieces that look like 1" box are for the bed support then it's not going to strong enough with big chance you'll get bed dipping.
    The forces when plunging and ramping etc can be high.! Even my 50mm box with 16mm Ali bed can flex when plunging into hard materials. Honestly don't under estimate the forces.!!
    Hi Jazz, that 1" box is going to be supporting the water bed for the plasma only. The milling bed is going to be much tougher and stiffer. There is a 50x50x3mm box section frame topped by 40x40 profile for the Router/Mill bed that is still in production, you should see that appear about mid march.

Rick

Ok Just building the secondary steel frame that goes inside the main frame for milling/routing, Obviosly im not going to be putting a 7'x4' ali bed on it, the most of it will be a sacrificial bed for routing. So i was wondering what size ali plate to embed in the frame for machining ali. So the question would be. What are the largest size projects you have done and what would be the minimum size ali bed you would choose given the choice, not forgetting quality over quantity and of course price.

I would like as many opinions on this as i can get please.

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 26-02-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information