. .

Thread: 7' X 4' Combi

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Ok this does have a bearing on the design so please be patient with me, If you were machining these Z parts what would your Cutter preferences be and why, this will help me when i finalise the design, so please everybody pipe in, Remember What type and Why please, if you prefer then PM me as i know some of you wizards like to keep your advantage secret, but please let me know. Right off to bed now 4 hrs should do LOL speak after 1..
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Depends on what you want and if your lazy.?

Could get away with doing the whole lot with 6mm and no tool changes but would take longer due having to keep shallower depth of cut for 6mm cutter with 30mm plus flute length.?

Or could use 10mm that would allow to hog the whole lot away quickly with deeper DOC and just have larger radius in the corners.

Or if really need tight corners use combination of both 6 & 10mm. Use large cutter to Hog the 98% material away then run round twice with 6mm. One profile pass to fettle corners then another full depth to clean up.

If the radius doesn't matter, which in your case don't think it does then I'd use 8 or 10mm has they will allow more DOC and speed up the Job with no tool changes. . . 8mm would be my preference.!

I'd use 8mm 2fl to cut the pockets, do finishing passes on the pockets with 6mm 1fl if required and cut the part out with 6mm. So basically the same as Jazz.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

OK gents I will run that through a V-carve simulation with an 8mm cutter (two flute) and see what i get and if any alterations will be required to take into consideration the radiuses, although i Know i wont be doing the job myself it will give me an idea of what the finished part will look like..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Ok Ive altered the design to put in some registers (In Red) and opened the channel to allow for a standard 1605 ballnut bearing seats are all now standard as well Im going to transfer this lot to V0Carve and run the simulation to see if i get any surprises. All the bearing and ballnut mounts are now seperate and adjustable, there is ample access for Lubrication as well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backplate rev5b.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	297.3 KB 
ID:	7865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backplate rev5.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	278.9 KB 
ID:	7866

You can only see one side of the registers but take my word for it they are there..

Rick

Rick simple thing but worth doing is putting the register on the first pic at the top not bottom it makes setup easier has the register sits on the bearings machined edge while bolting up.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Rick simple thing but worth doing is putting the register on the first pic at the top not bottom it makes setup easier has the register sits on the bearings machined edge while bolting up.
    Ahhhh cheers Jazz, I had to read that twice LOL yeh makes sence now, Thats wont take two ticks as the bearings are 46 wide and the pockets were 48 so ive just moved 1 wall in 1 mm so ill move that back out and the other one in, that will still give me 1 mm free play in the pocket.

Rick

Rotating nut assemblies for your X axis ballscrews are ready:

Name:	DSC00453 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	479 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	7867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00454 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	425 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	7868Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RotatingBallnutShaft.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	7869
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Rotating nut assemblies for your X axis ballscrews are ready:

Name:	DSC00453 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	479 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	7867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00454 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	425 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	7868Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RotatingBallnutShaft.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	7869
    Blimey Now the pressure is on, i was working on the Z whilst i was waiting for these, Looks like i better get my arse in gear!! Thankyou Jonathan, I know you worked over Christmas to get these out for me, I look forward to seeing the posty when he delivers these..

Rick

Just a quick snap to add to the collection!! X axis bits.

Name:	bits.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	7871

Rick

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information