. .
    I'm working on my first build and am a little confused by the PCPPS V3 board. The schematics I have from Zapp Automation only show the connections to the PM542's and the 50V PSU. On the PCPPS board, it states the supply should be 7 - 30V...so does that mean I will need a second power supply just for the PCPPS??

Yep buy a 24V and use it to power relays etc that you'll need to safely control other things like vacuums or spindles, coffee machine etc
    Also use it to run thru E-stop and limit switchs for a very safe control system with better immunity from noise.!

Don't need high amps 3-5 will be plenty and cheap enough on ebay.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thanks for clarifying that. I have a 2A 24V PSU which I was going to use for the main control, safety circuits and cooling fans. Will have to re-calculate my total consumption and see if the 2A will be enough. I guess the other option is to use one of the spare 12V from the PC power supply?

Does anybody know what the current consumption of the PCPPS board is? The documentation states 7 - 30V DC but no mention of current or power consumption? I'm guessing it'll be low. A few hundred milliamps perhaps? Can anyone confirm please?

Email Roy at DIYCNC.co.uk he will know but seen has it's such a basic board it will be very low so nothing to worry about really.

Thread Information