. .
    Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Gents,

looking for a good quality dti and a magnetic base. Can anyone suggest any manufacturers? I know Mitutoyo is probably on the top of the list, although the lever ones like this:

File:FingerTestIndicator513-404.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tend to be rather expensive, running at >£100. Anything around £50 would do, although I'm willing to stretch the budget and get better quality if it's available.

Cheers,
    dsc.

2. Insize who is carried by cutwell tls are pretty good and they can do UKAS certification if you need it done.

Michael

I use Tesa and Verdict. Never had any problems with either.

4. I got my Mitutoyo (the same one in the link) for around £65 from my local FWB have a look on MSC website see what they are doing also. the have some good deals sometimes.

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Thanks for the replies guys. I've found rather cheap Mitutoyo's here:

Dial Indicators including: Mitutoyo 2046S

so will try and pick something.

Cheers,
    dsc.

Bumping this simply to ask another question regarding magnetic bases. Worth upgrading to a branded one, or simply stick with a cheapo? I won't be using the magnetic part of the base anyway, I just want something heavy and solid to hold the DTI in mid air.

Regards,
    dsc.

I got a cheapie stand off eBay 4 years ago and I'm still using it everyday with no probs.

Cutwel Tools always have good deals - they've just launched Cutwel Metrology too and I'm sure they will give you a price to beat anything else you can find. Give them a call

Quote Originally Posted by MachineTool View Post
    Cutwel Tools always have good deals - they've just launched Cutwel Metrology too and I'm sure they will give you a price to beat anything else you can find. Give them a call
    I see you took my advice :) Maybe you should put a "New Member" post in so people know who you are ?

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information