. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Only the bay window was cut from foamex to enable me to "flex" it into the required shape. The mdf was cut using a 3.175 cutter and the foamex/ply with 1mm.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    you know hes gonna stalk you now dont you
    Yep, already located Bourne on google maps... Didn't realise Lincolnshire went that far south... Geoff's almost a "Southerner" ;-)

Andy, Idid visit Leeds once, but was lucky enough to find the exit (the place is full of northerners).
    Regards,G.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Andy, I did visit Leeds once, but was lucky enough to find the exit (the place is full of northerners).
    Lol, I've noticed the large percentage of Northerners up here Geoff! Lol

They've become quite civilised though.... only since they were introduced to electricity I'm led to believe.

At least that's the way it seems to an alien like me ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WandrinAndy View Post
    Lol, I've noticed the large percentage of Northerners up here Geoff! Lol

They've become quite civilised though.... only since they were introduced to electricity I'm led to believe.

At least that's the way it seems to an alien like me ;-)

Electricity ???? What's that then & what's it used for ???? In the real North It's something that I don't think we have come across yet lol

Andy, my main difficulty was the language barrier (it gets even worse further up).

I understand that the main reason that for introducing the electrickery was to speed up operation of the steam powered cnc machines.

By the way if you ever find that you are venturing (I guess you are a caravan man), you are welcome to drop in and see how it used to be done!!!

Regards, G.

By the way if you ever find that you are venturing (I guess you are a caravan man), you are welcome to drop in and see how it used to be done!
    Nah if we have truly started turning this Springbok northern then he'd rather drag is Van north up a hill with is teeth before turn and free wheel south.!!

Hi Wilfy

I made some 1/24th scale dolls houses and the bow window is cut (on my cnc router) from 2.5mm foamex board.

Sorry the picture quality is not the best.

Regards
    Geoff

Attachment 7554
    Sorry to barge in on this post only 9 years late... I am very impressed with your dolls house and am looking at doing something similar for model rail 1/19th scale. Having never used a CNC router before this is going to be a sharp learning curve and before I splash the cash wondered about the type of CNC router / bits and speeds used. If you still pick up this thread could you please give a little starting advice on what equipment would be needed to start something like this? I have computer graphics and programming experience and understand the basic concept of G-code, but beyond that I am a total newbie. Am I biting off more than I can chew? Many thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information