. .
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Sorry picked you up wrongly, thought you meant that when the computer died you got the router upgraded, lets face it they are old lol.
    So what is the spec of the computer you have it running on now?
    How have you got the router connected to the computer & how have you got the dongle connected?
    Think I still have the manuals for the system 48 at the unit somewhere, will have a hunt for them.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Sorry picked you up wrongly, thought you meant that when the computer died you got the router upgraded, lets face it they are old lol.
    So what is the spec of the computer you have it running on now?
    How have you got the router connected to the computer & how have you got the dongle connected?
    Think I still have the manuals for the system 48 at the unit somewhere, will have a hunt for them.
    I am running windows 95 the same as the before the crash.
    I have the dongles in place and the router cable is connected to Com port 1 exactly the same as before.
    The CD with GA release 6.0- Rev.E was installed and all the programs are working. I design on composer then send to Artpath. Instantly I receive an error message-No Router installed, use GSP Setup.
    I do that and still the same reply.
    I can not get my router installed. Gerber tells me they don't support this product any more. I asked for software help.
    I figured that should be in their library. Yet, no help at all.
    I have a ton of work backed up and I am at wits end.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Perhaps the software is looking at Com 2 instead of Com 1. Sorry can't help more that that. Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Perhaps the software is looking at Com 2 instead of Com 1. Sorry can't help more that that. Clive
    No problem, I thank you for your feedback and concern.
    I am speaking with a gentleman from The plotter Doctor in California and he said he has my solution. Thanks again.

Hope he has, nothing worse than having work piling up because of machinery problems. Have you checked that the com port is set up correctly?
    Unfortunately I never ran the machine as it was intended for use as it had a faulty motherboard when I bought it.
    If the guy in the states can't help then hopefully the manual will have some troubleshooting info.
    I had the same problem with Gerber to be honest, like you I was looking for a bit of info as originally I was going to see if I could fix the machine rather than just rip out all the original electronics. Absolutely no help what so ever which has now put me off ever buying anything with their name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Hope he has, nothing worse than having work piling up because of machinery problems. Have you checked that the com port is set up correctly?
    Unfortunately I never ran the machine as it was intended for use as it had a faulty motherboard when I bought it.
    If the guy in the states can't help then hopefully the manual will have some troubleshooting info.
    I had the same problem with Gerber to be honest, like you I was looking for a bit of info as originally I was going to see if I could fix the machine rather than just rip out all the original electronics. Absolutely no help what so ever which has now put me off ever buying anything with their name on it.
    It was so easy to rectify, when you know what to do. I had installed the router as SYSTEM 48 plus. When actually, it should be entered as AR-400 because we up graded in 1997 to be able to run the router from our PC instead of the 48 system.

Quote Originally Posted by poppa jock View Post
    It was so easy to rectify, when you know what to do. I had installed the router as SYSTEM 48 plus. When actually, it should be entered as AR-400 because we up graded in 1997 to be able to run the router from our PC instead of the 48 system.
    Hi Poppa,

I have the same issue. PC went pop, replaced it and now I get the "no router installed" problem. Is the AR-400 solution a general fix or was it just for your machine? I would really appreciate any help you could give me. Many Thanks.

The diode pic posted earlier in this thread is a general purpose 400v 35A diode so anything with 35A or more current rating will be fine, (I don't think you need 400v as its a 35v power supply so 100v rating should be fine, 400v are just more common) I think I still have them in my PSU which is still running my machine :-)
    Regards
    Stuart
    Last edited by stuboy; 13-09-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: wrong text

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information