. .

Thread: Noob

Hi there everyone,

Never really bin on many forum's but I have a passion that need's to be shared (and helped lol)
    Im Karl and im currently working at a set's and stage's company called Scenex set's and staging based in leicester, my beast is a Morbidelli universal 3622, or otherwise known in the factory as the "Morbidelli slider" due to it's origanal ($*%!) extraction system!
    Im pretty new to the world of CNC, i had 4 day's that could almost be called training with the guy that fitted the machine and for the last 6 month's have bin working thing's out for myself, as hard as it has bin (not even being form thr joinery trade) I have loved every moment of it.
    It seem's to be sinking in a lot better but you can alway's better yourself as they say, so hoping to pick up on some new trick's and tip's from all you CNC head's out there lol
    Anywya that's pretty much me for now, hope to chat soon

hi Karl,
    Im a good friend of 'Woody' who I believe also works there... ive seen your rig!! its HUGE! Your so lucky to have that to play with

(I am talking about the CNC router!)

anyway, glad you dropped in. You'll have to pop over and get involved with my build! I live a few doors down from woody

Matt

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kingcreaky For This Useful Post:

Hi Karl, envious of your works toy, but it wouldn't fit into my garage!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GEOFFREY For This Useful Post:

Welcome to the forum Karl, don't worry you will soon get the hang of it. Biggest problem with internet forums is that there is no body language & no tone so sometimes what someone says is interpreted the wrong way.
    If you have questions then just ask away, someone on here will be able to help you I am sure, already had a lot of help myself & I'm new to the cnc world.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to martin54 For This Useful Post:

Thank's for the reply's guy's and i will be sure to bring up anything im struggling with, dont think you can ever stop learning with these thing's!
    lol Im glad your on about the CNC and not Woody, that wouldnt go down to well at work lol
    Woody was actually telling me the other day about your build Matt, sound's fantastic, i would love to have a smaller CNC machine to work on, since being here i have had so many idea's and thing's in my head i want to build but work come's first and time is short lol How is it coming along now? You got all the steal in not long ago i hear?

progress is slow, mainly because of other commitments. Well, that and growing the balls to start cutting the materials.. its all so expensive im scared of making a mistake!

check out my build thread.. you may recognise some of the photos

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/router...ation-cnc.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kingcreaky For This Useful Post:

Woody was saying the steal work had to be moved with the forklift lol Sound's like a brilliant project to be working on!
    I will take a look at your build thread now bud

It's looking really good dude, skimmed and read some, will read the whole thing later when im not at work lol

Thread Information