. .
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Loving the speed and ease of the CNC. Got done in a week what would normally take a couple of months!

Now I just need a CNC spraying machine hmmm...
    Wow, excellent work, they look huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Loving the speed and ease of the CNC. Got done in a week what would normally take a couple of months!

Now I just need a CNC spraying machine hmmm...
    We can do that easy.? Strap aerosol to Z axis program criss cross pattern in G-code stab hole in the can shut the doors and hit cycle start. . .Lol

Seriously thou I reckon thats easy done with a few modified touch up guns fastened to Z axis over lapping each other and air controlled by servo valves. Bit of playing with feed rates and patterns in G-code and you'd get a decent finish. Make a right mess of the Perspex thou Ant. .

Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    FLIPPING HECK!!!!! Where are those speakers supposed to go. Not sure I could even fit them through the front door. Look gorgeous mind.

Speakers ???????????????

Ant told me they were headphones to fit Jazz's head
    John S -

Not mine motoxy, wish they were though! For a guy in hong kong where I guess they have room for this sort of thing.

I'm imagining a guy sitting in a one room shack with these things pointing directly at him :) I can't afford a private toilet but I've got speakers I can hear from the public one!
    Last edited by Tenson; 18-02-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Speakers ???????????????

Ant told me they were headphones to fit Jazz's head
    Ye but he's too polite to tell you there real use.? . . . Coffins for shit stirring Old Bastard and his Hobnobs. .

LOL
    John S -

Now there's some hours on the machine and things are bedding in I decided to spend the day stripping down and removing all the ballscrews and nuts carefully putting them back together getting everything tight and aligned as possible. There's virtually no bind anywhere now and it shows in the speeds and acceleration it can achieve. Those Leadshine AM882 are awesome! I could have gone past 16.5m/min but Mach was limited by my max 45k PP speed so I went and whacked the acceleration all the way up to 4000mm/sec^2 instead lol

Ps. Don't run at these speeds or accel as its overkill but its nice to see the effort from careful setup confirmed with a speed increase. I run at 10m rapids and 5m on the Z. That's more than enough for me but its nice to know there's lots of head room there.

Last edited by Shinobiwan; 01-03-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Had another go at making a dust shoe and after picking up some cast acrylic this attempt came out much better. A week or so ago I did try to cut the same parts out of extruded acrylic and that stuff melted no matter what I did. Lesson learned - go with cast if the finish quality matters.

Thanks to M.Marino for the advice on feeds and speeds. 3.5m/min with 3mm DOC and 14000rpm worked a treat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dust Shoe 01.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	8357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dust Shoe 02.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	8358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dust Shoe 03.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	8359  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinobiwan For This Useful Post:

Looks good :) I've been struggling to get a good finish on cut acrylic for a little while and although I'm doing pretty well with it now I wonder if I also have extruded sheet. I'll have to check!

What vacuum do you have? I made my dust shoe suck up directly around the spindle rather than just to one side. It works nicely no matter what direction I'm cutting, but I do wish I could get a stronger suck!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information