Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I spent all Christmas day making helical splines. After about 6 attempts I finally got one that was only slightly stiff to start with and bedded smooth in short order. This is printed in ABS with a 0.15mm (0.006") layer thickness.

I am having so much fun making things I would never have thought possible I am wondering if this 3D printer might actually be better than sex.

OTOH my memory of sex has faded over the years so I could be wrong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spline.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	7752  

Lives in Nottingham(ish), United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-03-2013 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 55. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I am having so much fun making things I would never have thought possible I am wondering if this 3D printer might actually be better than sex.

OTOH my memory of sex has faded over the years so I could be wrong
    Although I doubt you'll ever see one on Thingiverse, I'm fairly sure that a good few BBC's have been created !

I've decided to get a RepRap kit. If I ever manage to get it working then I'll upgrade to a Form1 if/when they hit the market. I have nephew I can offload the RepRap onto, he's only 8 but already beats me on the Teknologie side of life.

Could I make a long lasting nut cracker on one I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I've decided to get a RepRap kit. If I ever manage to get it working then I'll upgrade to a Form1 if/when they hit the market.
    It is popular so the support should be good. Seeing as how you are on this here site I reckon you wouldn't find it hard to improve on the design

Does it have a heated bed? I'm thinking of lagging the bottom of my bed to stop it dumping too much precious heat before it can get to the edges.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123