. .
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have been reading through the various build logs, and comments about various designs, and it would seem to me that many of the comments about shortcommings are very similar.

Would it not be a good idea to design a basic machine incorporating the best features with the idea of encouraging more people to try their own build?

I realize that many people will say a standard design would not suit their needs, but I have read several times that the first machine is a starter and will be improved on their next project.

After a basic design concept, ie size, table top, floorstanding, materials to cut etc. I feel sure that the most experienced members could all comment on exactly what the machine should be and come up with a design better than anything else on the market--remember strike cnc!!

The machine could carry smart union flag decals(or other sponsors decals) and be built from supplied DXF? drawings.

A parts list could be supplied and some machined parts could be offered for sale by experienced site members

Any thoughts, G.
    Last edited by GEOFFREY; 27-12-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: bad typing

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    great idea, but this lot will never agree on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    great idea, but this lot will never agree on anything.
    Sorry dont agree with that.!!. . .

Thats a pity Jazz, I thought you would have some of the best ideas!!G

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Thats a pity Jazz, I thought you would have some of the best ideas!!G
    Yes I probably could contribute Geoff but being totally honest with you I do an awful lot of that in front and behind the scenes already. The number of people who contact me and want all the information, right down to cut material dimensions, screw lengths etc spoon feeding is getting a bit silly now.!

I don't have any problems with offering component advise or pointing out potential design flaws and recommendations so they don't take the wrong path or buy wrong stuff. Or like I do often for folks knocking up model or 2 to give an Idea or heads-up but I won't spoon feed folks full designs to the last detail and they should expect to learn the very basics at least. . . . . If they want it bad enough they'll take the time to learn if not then bugger em.! . . No time for free loaders.!!

Problem with this idea is that there's " Horse's for course's" and every body wants just one horse to ride all courses and win each race.!!

Define the parameters and backing the winner of one race gets much easier. Winning all races is completely different and more complicated set of parameters.

6. Round One, FIGHT!

Sorry could not help it.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

goes to find the popcorn

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    EPOXY!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    EPOXY!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    MDF, so it's cheap and easy to make.

See why it won't work.? Already had 2 hard to work with or unsuitable material suggestions and we haven't even gone near design yet . . lol

MDF, so it's cheap and easy to make.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information