. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I was talking about the first design didn't see the second one untill afterwards.

You have no idea how in touch I am and my considerable motorcycle engineering experience instantly said fail.!!! Death, murder man slaughter charges.!

Good luck finding a real engineer who isn't bothered about structural strength in favour of aesthetics and will agree to give a price based on changing design.!!

Stay off the thread mate. You are neither reading my posts correctly nor making any sense.

I have had 2 chaps offering help minus the attitude - as they have taken the drawing in the way it was intended - a starting point and guide - not a finished CAD/CAM file!

No problem but just for the record I wasn't giving attitude and my first post was offering sound advise based of experience. It was you who came back with attitude.!

Maybe you need to lighten up bit.!

I just want to crack on - the thread has already filled up with noise.

Jazz the inexperienced operator
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Anyone interested in this job please PM me directly.

Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratch View Post
    Stay off the thread mate. You are neither reading my posts correctly nor making any sense.

I have had 2 chaps offering help minus the attitude - as they have taken the drawing in the way it was intended - a starting point and guide - not a finished CAD/CAM file!
    Good luck with getting the right help mate... I am really surprised that you have received any response.

When I first saw your RFQ, I made a mental note that nobody in their right mind would respond.......... But then again, I'm not even an operator ;-)

Happy New Year, btw.

I guess not everyone on this forum is a bitter / negative old tool...
    Last edited by Ratch; 01-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ratch View Post
    This is a 1 piece design. I don't know where you got the 2 piece from.

There is plenty of meat there for this to perform as intended and current
    rear calipers on more powerful bikes are nowhere near as bulky as this
    so I feel you're either out of touch or just plain wrong.

In any case, I'm looking for an engineer to work with me on this, not just an operator.

I'm only precious about the aesthetic, the engineering can be tweaked once the job is agreed.
    Nope He is not out of touch you are im affraid, take it from me because this is what i do, the wall on the spindle tube just wont cut it full stop.. change your design and you may have more luck, The Aesthetic will have to be compramised in order to make a part fit for the purpose, which in this case is safety critical, I have 5 Bikes ranging from 1980-2012 the 2012 being a CBR1000 and this part is as robust as they have always been.

Dont get me wrong, I can see where you are comming from but the design needs work, and you dont do your self any favours implying people on here operators..this site is For machinists By machinists..

Oh and on a point of order adding images to your original design post just so you can come back at people who are pointing out valid points doesnt help either..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Dude - why are we still talking about the old design.

Why?

Its pointless.

Look at tit again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information