. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Admins - how come I get censored when its clear as night and day that there are a few tactless negative cynical people who have weighed in here from day one
    with no intention other than to wind me up and trash this thread.

You say this is a forum for home made beginners forum yet you are all desperately showing off like arrogant bitter old jobsworths to prove how pro you all are - I've never seen such a welcome.

This is so simple - just stay off the thread if you have nothing good to say.

Surely even you can get your head around that.

@Ratch; Having looked carefully at the comments on this thread, it is my view that you are confusing critical comments about your design with critical comments about you personally and you have responded from that position. I can see no evidence of any comments with the only intent of "winding you up" or "Trashing this thread". If your requirement included caveats of the specific type of responses you wanted, you should have clarified this at the time of your initial post.

Your moderated post was deemed inappropriate. As will any other post that contains only attacks of a personal nature on individuals, that applies to every user here and they are not tolerated.

I have sent you a couple of PMs on this matter neither of which you have had the courtesy to respond to.

What is the tittle of this thread? Is it please weigh in on my design?

Where did I say in my first post that I wanted criticism and negativity?

I wanted a machinist to look at a drawing, see if its something he could execute and go from there.

If you don't want to quote - stay away SO SO SIMPLE.

Again - What is the tittle of this thread?

well disappointed !
    Ratch, you have my sympathy...
    there are plenty of "hot shots" who just have to post on every thread whether they have something useful to add or not,
    i'm all for a hard honest critique but talking down to people kind of steamrollers over any quiet calm exchange of ideas for those without whatever complex it is that has them want to be ten foot taller than everybody else
    (less fire and brimstone and more nurture)

IF you had asked for it made of chocolate that's your business and fear of litigation is plain short sightedness
    you being the employer and the maker being the employee (just doing as he is told)

hang in there man and don't be badgered into crossing swords with them.... they wont learn because they already know everything :)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post

IF you had asked for it made of chocolate that's your business and fear of litigation is plain short sightedness
    you being the employer and the maker being the employee (just doing as he is told)
    Doesn't work like that.
    What happens if it breaks, he, the employer, gets kills and the vultures start circling.
    Costs money to get out of that whether you are involved or not.

I did offer constructive help, not criticism, in fact I have said nothing about the design.

What i said was I would not touch braking components, my view and I'm entitled to it without having to be criticised for it.

I then offered a site where these parts are regularly done, any body bother to read it ?
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    I'm guessing it was the "I certainly wouldn't.!" ... a tad dismissive jazz
    you may well be the GOD of whatever but I guess tact is a tad more than you can muster
    ccccchill out jazz its a brand new year and you have started with the size 11's already
    Was away last night so couldn't reply.

Mark we all know you don't like me and thats fine by me. . . .! But the remark you mention had no bad or dismissive meaning. It simply stated I wouldn't touch this job or give estimate or quote based on the FIRST design (which is what I originally commented on). An estimate is what the Ignorant OP wanted.

Now the really stupid part on the OP is the fact I'd have Glady helped on both design and machining the part just for the price of the material and the challenge. (Oh and if you/he doubt's this just ask the many others on the forum I've helped with machining FOC )
    For the price of Ali he would have had the experience of an Honda trained engineer with over 10yrs experience working for HRC the racing and development division. I've had and tested or destroyed more custom bits thru my hands than he's had petrol thru the bike.

EDIT: And if the OP had read is PM's he'd have seen I'd offered to help before he ever showed a design.!!
    So this Retard just wants to say good luck to the OP and Happy new year to every one else. .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 02-01-2013 at 02:29 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

designed by someone who obviously doesn't know the first thing about design other than it has to look cool and bling ?
    a touch of venom in my opinion, not aimed at any useful goal or conclusion other than to dismiss a fellow attempting to achieve a goal by "asking"

Doesn't work like that.
    To "hot" for you, that's fine, I understand your fear, litigation is pretty subjective and I have a different opinion on the issue

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blackburn mark For This Useful Post:

Mark we all know you don't like me and thats fine by me
    "we all" (whoever they are) and you are under a misconception jazz, indeed there are times I see you like a lord of the rings cave troll stomping around with your size 11's and i like to on occasion offset some of what I see as heavy handedness
    try not to hold that against me.
    Now the really stupid part on the OP is the fact I'd have Glady helped on both design and machining the part just for the price of the material and the challenge. (Oh and if you/he doubt's this just ask the many others on the forum I've helped with machining FOC )
    For the price of Ali he would have had the experience of an Honda trained engineer with over 10yrs experience working for HRC the racing and development division. I've had and tested or destroyed more custom bits thru my hands than he's had petrol thru the bike.
    So this Retard just wants to say good luck to the OP and Happy new year to every one else.
    iv seen you pull this card on a few occasions jazz and it puzzles me... you pull it out whenever you have carved massive chasm of discord between yourself and your adversary ? what puzzles me is why do you bother to describe how much your adversary is missing out in not having you as a buddy ?
    it seems a little pointless... is it a Yorkshire thing ?

I actually said I thought the design was strong enough and he's even turned his attack on me. I have modded the exact same part on my much heavier and very much more powerful bike, was given similar criticism on another forum and the part has held up under all conditions so I DO have some small amount of experience in the matter. I couldn't make the part and wasn't offering to, just lending a constructive comment.

The OP doesn't deserve any help or constructive comments because he thinks and acts like a juvenile with his petulance and he's shown his mettle to any prospective interest with his arrogance and abuse. I doubt he's even old enough to hold a license to ride the bike - he certainly doesn't appear mature enough.

Pehaps if he stamps his feet a bit more and demands people listen to him a part will pop up out the floor and be gold plated to boot.

Perhaps we should let this thread get back on track. This chap has asked for an estimate for a part, lets let him get on with getting one. I do however hope he gets some manners.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information