. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Southern Jessy's" or " Texas rangers" . . . Lol
    Call me a sothern jessy and i will cuff you with my handbag.

Eggs I sense you should fit in well with this crew of misfits.

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Welcome to the forum Sir from someone who was born not to far north of where you live but now lives further north than you were born, yes over the dreaded border lol, I'm stuck here because my passports expired & they won't renew it lol.

As for being a southern shandy drinker, don't think so after 20 years in the RN

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    I'm stuck here because my passports expired & they won't renew it lol.
    Heartening to see one bit of the Empire is still working properly........................
    John S -

Thanks for all the welcomes chaps. Very heartening.

I'm currently hooking up a 3 axis stepper driver board (yep, the dreaded chinese cheapy), a small stepper (Aliexpress.com : Buy Best selling Nema 17 series hybrid stepping motor 42BYGHW609 40mm 3.4V 1.7A 3400g.cm 4wires from Reliable stepper motor suppliers on Wantmotor Official Store - 8 US bucks - sheesh!) and an old PC PSU. Just going to write a bit of Perl code with this: Device::ParallelPort - search.cpan.org to do a bit of messing about - just want to learn about this stuff from the basics before confusing myself with EMC or something.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    ... from someone who was born not to far north of where you live but now lives further north than you were born, yes over the dreaded border....
    And there I thought Martin that you lived in CrossGates-LEEDS and only worked north of the border.... Now I see there is another CrossGates up north!

But it had struck me that you seemed quite tactful for a Yorkshire soul..... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by eggsBenedict View Post
    Just going to write a bit of Perl code with this: Device::ParallelPort - search.cpan.org to do a bit of messing about - just want to learn about this stuff from the basics before confusing myself with EMC or something.
    Ho-ho. More like going to wait for my old Ubuntu PC to upgrade, work out what's happened to all the permissioning for downloading modules, work out how you get access to the parallel port and finally write a really noddy test program. That's it. I need some kip :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information