. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave slapped this together for you quickly so you can see approximately what you may end up with, without needing to get down and dirty in CAD.

Nothing is to scale obviously as it is just a drawing, note the X Axis screw mount position and that it would probably need moving back (away from spindle) to allow for clearance of the nut and mount (at the spindle plate), side plates would need to be bigger and other plates also bigger, bigger side plates are not a bad thing outside of additional cost because you really don’t want to go any less then 2-250mm centres for your rail bearings, both designs pretty much force you in that direction anyway so I didn’t mention it before but I thought that was a little bit ignorant of me, so here it is.

You could close things up with datum’s and pockets for the rails and bearings and so on, keep an eye on the proportions as well, if you look at the original image I’m working from, the gantry looks small next to the spindle, if something looks small, it probably is...resize to match the proportions if you can.

Also, others will probably say it’s not as important as getting other things right, and they are right but try and keep everything lined up and parallel, so your rails, lead screw and nuts. On the Y Axis (bed) the nut could be moved back towards the spindle in my previous image, vertically aligning it with the rails and lead screw, the middle of that plate “looks” nice but would it be better for the loads, if they are all inline?, they all come together to work as one.

Just my thoughts...What do I know...hope it helps!

.Me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dave.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	12748  
    .Me

Thread Information