. .
  1. Good day all.

I am intrested to know what tool(s) eveyone here uses to surface their spoilboard.

I am just using a Trend 25mm dia TCT wood routing bit, but this takes a long time.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Depends how deep your pockets are but I have one of these and they make short work of spoil boards at 52mm wide. Wealden Tool Company Limited Surface Trim

Also this if you need deeper cutting Wealden Tool Company Limited Surface Trim 3 Wing

And for the Truly Deep of pocket.......

Mini Insert Spoilboard Surfacing & Rabbeting Router Bit with Scorer 2 + 2 Design -Toolstoday.com- Industrial Quality

.... Kin how much!

Funny thing is , I was actually quite impressed with some of that insert tooling..... maybe one day....

Rick.

I know it sounds very crude, but when I had a larger router (Magnun 1200x1500, but sold when I downsized house/garage) I made a fixed dia. fly cutter (36mm) by brazing a lathe tip onto an M10 bolt head and cut off the thread. this surfaced the table easily and cost £0.00. I may even still have, and you are wellcome to it if I can find it. G.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Forgive my ignorance, but you can get a HSS fly cutter from rdgtools for £10 that would work on mdf wouldn't it?

6. I did e-mail amanatool regarding there Spoilboard Surfacing tools, To find out if there was any UK dealers/resellers, and as of yet, I have not had a reply from them.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

It would be nice to know if there is a UK stockist, but more than likely we'll be as well buying direct and risk HMTB and postal charges
    seeing as buying from a UK stockist would more than likely result in Huge mark up.

Or is that me being cynical

Thread Information