. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hi guys

wee problem, was careful wiring up my M542 to my breakout broad that the mix up the + an - for the 24v supply and BOOOOM.

opened it up and this is the result

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...11688174_n.jpg

i no how stupid of me.

now i open one another one and this is wat is missing

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...01523726_n.jpg

can anyone tell me what it is???? the code on it is 1051 RV done a google serach but got nothing.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...86732269_n.jpg

thanks guys

its a surface mount 1.05kohm resistor

however i wouldnt like to say if just replacing that will make everything alright

I reckon it's a diode since there's a stripe. You'll be lucky if replacing it solves the problem. I guess you could de-solder the good one from the working driver and test it for free...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Me also thinks it's a diode, probably there to stop you from blowing the board up with what you've managed to do (swapping voltage pos and neg). Since re/de-soldering anything from surface mounts can be a bit tricky, I'd suggest getting a replacement from somewhere (you can always contact the manufacturer to check for the model and package no) and leaving the good board in peace.

Regards,
    dsc.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    it looks like a diode to me as well, put there to short the supply if you connect it wrong. If so you should be able to run the drive without it there, have you tried it.?

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    it looks like a diode to me as well, put there to short the supply if you connect it wrong. If so you should be able to run the drive without it there, have you tried it.?
    It reminds me of the old CB radios that had a reverse polarity diode on the back to protect the board, but more often then not it used to blow the output transistor on the final stage as well anyhow.. Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    i've replaced so many of those i've lost count, sometimes the audio chip would take a beating but i don't remember the rf output failing from that.

General electric made their cb radios with the supply connection the same as the standard uniden chasssis but with the supply reversed (that made me a fair bit of cash) especially when they were told to replace the power lead and didn't bother.

the good old days eh!
    Last edited by i2i; 08-01-2013 at 03:27 AM.

if the diode was put in series with the supply and the device on one lead, it would protect it far better but there would be a small voltage drop across the diode.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    i've replaced so many of those i've lost count, sometimes the audio chip would take a beating but i don't remember the rf output failing from that.

General electric made their cb radios with the supply connection the same as the standard uniden chasssis but with the supply reversed (that made me a fair bit of cash) especially when they were told to replace the power lead and didn't bother.

the good old days eh!
    Yep you are right, they used to come in with a really quiet hiss from the speaker, the brain is letting me down.. I used to replace a lot of RF outputs on the sets that the SWR was run high and the screwdriver gang had tweaked of the end of the scale LOL... Yep the good old days... easy money too putting the extra channels in with the 10kc shift (ver-icap to 10.240) LOL yep them were the days...LOL Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Get off the the cybernet boards and phase lock loops you old gits and flipflop back to work before i wack your BREMI
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information