. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thinking about it there is an easy way to test if it's a resistor or a diode and that is using the diode test on a multi meter, one way it will read, the other way it wont.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Get off the the cybernet boards and phase lock loops you old gits and flipflop back to work before i wack your BREMI
    my god, bremi power supplies. very good at the time especially when altai was the driving force in cheap electronics.

Back then they were better known for what was called burners (boots) CQ italia
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Getting back to the task in hand, i had one (different model) that i acquired blown. It would not power up without the diode in place. This one could be different?

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Back then they were better known for what was called burners (boots) CQ italia
    yes they made burners, personally i sold so many power supplies made by them it sticks in my mind. Years ago i used to wholesale cb equipment.

PS. they had a very low failure rate compared to other brands.
    Last edited by i2i; 08-01-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Getting back to the task in hand, i had one (different model) that i acquired blown. It would not power up without the diode in place. This one could be different?
    if the diode is in series with the power lead it needs to be there to conect the circuit, but this one looks like it's across the supply.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Going by the component number (TV1), I'd guess it's a TVS diode.
    Protects against overvoltage and reverse polarity, and leaves visible evidence if the feed isn't protected by a suitable fuse.

I'd hazard a guess that the 51 part of the number on it relates to the voltage it's meant to conduct, and the 10 relates to the size.
    If you can figure out he SMD pad size, have a search on RS or Farnell for something suitable.

Look up this part number SMAJ48A-TR from RS, it will put you in the right ball park

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information