. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll get back to the problems when my wife stops finding jobs for me to do....
    Cheers,

Rob[/QUOTE]

Do you really think that will happen? God never made two different!(IF INDEED God made them). G.

After unzipping 1.02 into its own folder, Windows 7 regards the little man icon as an app rather than an .exe, but clicking on him starts up a dos box(?) in background and then launches the f-engrave GUI , then going into settings and changing fonts folder to windows/fonts loads majority of True Type fonts, clicking on a font previews it on the job in the main window.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Double clicking on the 101.exe file give me a message - 'This application has failed to start because the application configuraion is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem'
    Running 101.py gets the application going but without TTF2CXF or potrace.
    I don't know what is causing the "failed to start" error. What version of windows are you running?

Since you can run the .py file directly (i.e. you have Python installed) you can try moving the .py file to the directory with the ttf2cxf_stream.exe file. Run the .py file from that directory. That may get everything working.
    (Ttf2cxf_stream needs some of the other files in the directory so you can not move that file)

Scorch

4. Quote Originally Posted by Musht View Post
    After unzipping 1.02 into its own folder, Windows 7 regards the little man icon as an app rather than an .exe, but clicking on him starts up a dos box(?) in background and then launches the f-engrave GUI...
    You bring up a good point. Depending on your Windows settings you may or may no see the .exe extension on the file.

The DOS box or command window is supposed to come up like that.

Scorch

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:

hi
    The install was easy. I can import a picture. v_carve calc. can run, but When I want to save the G-Code, this following error up in the black window:

"Unicode encode error: ASCII codec cant encode character u '/ xe9 in position 56: ordinal not in range (128)"

Please somebody help resolving this problem!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Szasza880210 View Post
    hi
    ...When I want to save the G-Code, this following error up in the black window:
    "Unicode encode error: ASCII codec cant encode character u '/ xe9 in position 56: ordinal not in range (128)"
    In text mode F-Engrave does not support characters with a value greater than 128. (These extended characters greater than 128 are my list of things to add support for someday.) The error Szasza880210 is reporting is occurring in "Image Mode". I will look into fixing the error that is occurring in "Image Mode".

Until I get a new version with a fix for this error you may be able to work around this problem by switching to "Text Mode" and deleting all of the text in the "Input Text" box, then return to "Image Mode" and save the g-code.

EDIT: I looked into this a little more... F-Engrave should support characters up to 255 in the latest version. Make sure you are using the latest version (V1.02) from:
    http://home.comcast.net/~sskroch/Fengrave/fengrave.html

Feedback on whether the fix works or not will help me with correcting the program.
    Scorch
    Last edited by Scorch; 16-03-2013 at 04:54 AM.

HI
    YEs i use a (1.02) version.
    Yeah sorry I did not write it, the problem is in image mode. Thanks for the advice but failed again, the error message is the same. Simpler images, all right, but not the more detailed images. Thank you for help, for now I use Simpler images. And i wait for a fix or a new version of the program.

9. @ Szasza880210
    Right now I am not sure what is causing the error. I have not been able to replicate the problem. If you are willing you could send a sample image file that exhibits the problem so I could try to replicate the problem. (The best way to send an image is via e-mail to the e-mail address in the F-Engrave help menu.)

Scorch

10. Quote Originally Posted by Szasza880210 View Post
    Thanks for the advice but failed again, the error message is the same. Simpler images, all right, but not the more detailed images. Thank you for help, for now I use Simpler images. And i wait for a fix or a new version of the program.
    I think I have found the cause of the error. If the input image file name contains a non ASCII character (i.e. A character with a decimal value greater than 128) F-Engrave will throw the reported error:

As a work around the input image file can be renamed to something with only ASCII (English alphabet) characters before importing the image into F-Engrave.

I will include a fix for this problem in the next version of F-Engrave.
    Scorch

Could I ask a quick question scorch
    I have installed your program on my office machine ( win7) no problems so far
    when i come to install it on my workshop machine( win xp sp3) i can't get it run after installing

The dialogue goes " the application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect reinstalling may help""

Any ideas?

as an aside if I try and install on a laptop (win vista) it works fine

But I do need teh program on my workshop machine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information