. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. I don't know. XP SP3 should work fine.

Scorch

I hope that soon I can get back to looking at this problem. I have had to put so much on hold recently due to health problems (arthritis and torn ligaments).
    Rob

I can manage to install and use on a total of 4 other computers but the workshop one is a clean install of either XP sp2 or Xp sp3 2 different computers? have reinstalled OS 3 times now...Older installed computers seem to work ok.
    Result is the same on both new computers " application configuration is incorrect"

Just tried this on a Virtual XP machine running on Win7, it runs OK.

Peter

5. Quote Originally Posted by IanParkin View Post
    I can manage to install and use on a total of 4 other computers but the workshop one is a clean install of either XP sp2 or Xp sp3 2 different computers? have reinstalled OS 3 times now...Older installed computers seem to work ok.
    Result is the same on both new computers " application configuration is incorrect"
    I assume you have been using the precompiled windows version (i.e. F-Engrave-1.13_win.zip). You may want to try installing Python (Version 2.7.5 from Python Programming Language – Official Website) on your computer and just run the f-engrave-113.py file.

I will see if I can replicate your XP problem when I have a chance.

Scorch

6. @IanParkin
    I did some research but I don't have a surefire solution.

I did make a small change and uploaded a new zip file for you to try. Here is a link to the modified zip file F-Engrave-1.13_winIAN.zip

Let me know if the new file works for you.
    Scorch

I'm sorry still does not work
    It seems to be only on a fresh install of windows XP
    as I said all the older machines some running xp some not it works fine
    Its just annoying not to be able to have it on my workshop one

Ian

Downloaded the python and it seems to work
    Many thanks for your help Scorch
    do you have a paypal account I can send you a small donation for your work in this software?

Ian

9. Quote Originally Posted by IanParkin View Post
    Many thanks for your help Scorch
    do you have a paypal account I can send you a small donation for your work in this software?
    Ian,
    Sorry the executable did not work for you. It is really hard to fix problems that I can't replicate on one of my computers. I am glad to hear you were able to get up and running by installing Python. (If you want to import bitmap images or use True Type fonts you will need ttf2cxf_stream and potrace)

I don't accept donations but thank you for the offer.

Scorch

10. Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I hope that soon I can get back to looking at this problem. I have had to put so much on hold recently due to health problems (arthritis and torn ligaments).
    Rob
    Rob,
    I think we have a solution for the "application configuration is incorrect"" error. Ian reported that it worked for him in a private message to me. (Thank you to Ian for doing the testing.)

I use Py2exe to make windows the executable file and the developers of Py2exe use Microsoft Visual C. So installing Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center will hopefully fix your start up issues. The versions of the Visual C matter so even if you have installed one before this version might fix the problem.

Good Luck.
    Scorch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information