. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hi all, a guy from another forum I'm on found these in his loft and we've all been trying to figure out what they are. So far we have no definate answer, so I thought I'd give you clever lot a chance.

Get out quick Sten grenades

Only joking
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Ha ha. Yeah we've been through the grenade stage. Best we can think of at the moment is something for spinning rope or similar.

They actually look like the innards of a parifin burner/heater with a wick feeder.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    They actually look like the innards of a parifin burner/heater with a wick feeder.

Rick
    Sounds promising. Ill have a google on that.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Sounds promising. Ill have a google on that.
    maybe there is a combined horizontal chimney flue that connects them together but is missing, yep im probably totally wrong but an orangerie or greenhouse heater possibly victorian or a little later and mounted high up hence the need for the wick mech and the wires.. LOL

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

They are lights for the end of the tunnel if you buy a Strike machine.
    John S -

8. The Following User Says Thank You to John S For This Useful Post:

ive asked several people.. the consensus is grenades. ww1

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    ive asked several people.. the consensus is grenades. ww1
    Yep i agree and that 8" drain they are on tells me they were for all those soldiers who had 26" biceps, and hands like shovels..

LMAO

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Yep i agree and that 8" drain they are on tells me they were for all those soldiers who had 26" biceps, and hands like shovels..

LMAO

Rick
    They are pretty big.

Not my drawing by the way. :))

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information