. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’ve made progress.
    The guys at Lubetec (UK) and Hardinge (UK) have been very helpful.

The IM units are Interlube parts. Below is the cross reference with Bijur.
    IM22 = FJB0/3
    IM23 = FJB00
    IM24 = FJB0
    IM25 = FJB1

Hardinge (UK) didn’t have the full schematic, just the X and Y details.
    From all the info I’ve got this is what I think is required.

Bridgeport series 1 CNC MDI (mechanically identical to an R2E3) lubrication meters.
    Knee RH – 0/3
    Knee Jack Screw – 0/3
    Knee LH – 0/3
    Y Ballscrew -00
    X ballscrew -1
    Saddle L and R – 0
    Table (all meters) – 1
    From the first 3-way manifold after the pump it splits off to the head via a single meter unit. This single FJB -0/3 meter is there as an anti-syphon device (I think, as this seems a bit strange to me).
    Quill – 00
    Z Ballscrew – 0
    Back gear Slide – 0

Thanks for all your help!

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    The head still needs a metering unit of some kind, although on my shizouka the metering unit is on the head itself.
    Even if the pipe up to the head was to syphon back, air quickly passes through the metering units.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    The head still needs a metering unit of some kind, although on my shizouka the metering unit is on the head itself.
    Even if the pipe up to the head was to syphon back, air quickly passes through the metering units.
    Yes, the head has meters - Quill, Z ballscrew and back gear slide.
    All these are fed from an FJB-0/3 on the first manifold. It is this that I thought strange, why not use a higher flow meter here, or at least one that can pass the same amount of lube as the 3 it preceeds combined.

I have ordered some spares of each rate so I can experiment a little, the feed tubes I'm using are transparent so I can see the lube as it flows through the system.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    That does seem a bit bizarre. With that there, I'd doubt if you end up with any lubrication at the head, as the the pressure is going to be severly limited before it even reaches the metering units at the head.
    I wonder if somebody has previously been at it, and swapped a straight through fitting for a metering unit?

You didn't happen to order any spare FJB2s?
    I could do with one more, but I'd rather avoid paying more for postage than the unit!

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    That does seem a bit bizarre. With that there, I'd doubt if you end up with any lubrication at the head, as the the pressure is going to be severly limited before it even reaches the metering units at the head.
    I wonder if somebody has previously been at it, and swapped a straight through fitting for a metering unit?

You didn't happen to order any spare FJB2s?
    I could do with one more, but I'd rather avoid paying more for postage than the unit!
    My thoughts exactly. I'll probably leave that one out and keep an eye on the lube through the tube.

Sorry m_c, I didn't order any FJB2s, FJB1 is the highest flow used on this Mill.

Have you seen the metering units sold by Arc ?
    John S -

Yeah, but they don't do any that are imperial in. It screws into a 8 way imperial junction block, with a 5/32" (4mm fits) pipe out.
    I'll get another FJB at some point, but I'm in no rush as it's one of two that cover the same slide and the oil groove runs the full length so oil does get to where it's needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information