. .
  1. Hi,

I'm looking for someone who would be able to vacuum form a couple of simple parts (each approximately 5 sides of a 406x206x63mm cuboid with draft angles) out of 3mm ABS (preferably white pinseal). In addition to trimming, one part also needs a a slot cutting out at one end - The parts are otherwise identical. The only critical dimensions are the first 2mm of the inside rims of the parts which need to be about +/- 0.25mm. I can supply STEP/IGES/STL files for the parts. Initially I only require 1 of each part, but there *might* be future business in it - Can't promise anything at this stage.

Delivery of parts within the UK.

Thanks,
    Matt.

Why not have ago yourself with empty cheap cola bottle, hoover and lots of heavy duty tape. Slit the bottle at the bottom, put part in, tape up slit and warm it up with a paint stripping gun. When reasonable pliable turn on the hoover which is taped to the bottle opening?

I had some good results in the past with this method. Also spray the inside of part with plastic paint and jobs a gooden.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

I used this for making cowls for my model planes

4. Unfortunately, with the parts I need to make being 406x206x63mm in size, that would have to be one hell of a bottle! These parts have to be pretty sturdy too so I don't think bottle PET is up to the job. Still, it's an interesting approach which I might find a use for one day, so thanks anyway!

I don't know what the matter is with me latly, i'm just not seeing it even though i'm reading it. Totally missed the size.

Matt,

the size will fit in my machine but it is near the limit length wise..
    this may cause significant thinning at the ends..

also I only have 2.0 black smooth or 1.5 black pinseal in stock

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by matt-b View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for someone who would be able to vacuum form a couple of simple parts (each approximately 5 sides of a 406x206x63mm cuboid with draft angles) out of 3mm ABS (preferably white pinseal). In addition to trimming, one part also needs a a slot cutting out at one end - The parts are otherwise identical. The only critical dimensions are the first 2mm of the inside rims of the parts which need to be about +/- 0.25mm. I can supply STEP/IGES/STL files for the parts. Initially I only require 1 of each part, but there *might* be future business in it - Can't promise anything at this stage.

Delivery of parts within the UK.

Thanks,
    Matt.

7. Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I think 2.0mm might be a bit too flimsy, especially if you're worried about thinning at the ends. I'll e-mail you to discuss costs though as that might swing it for the prototype these parts are intended for.

Matt.
    Last edited by matt-b2; 29-01-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Thread Information