. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My first post,
    I'm in the process of retro-fitting a Series one Bridgeport CNC - servo driven MDI.
    The machine has been striped, cleaned and painted. The new electrics and servo drives (Granite Devices) are mostly complete and bench tested.

I'm at the re-build stage and my first problem is meter units in the lubrication system, half a dozen seem to be blocked even after a long soak in acetone.
    I can get replacements, but I'm having difficulty cross referencing part numbers. The units installed are stamped IM with the following numbers 22,23,24 and 25. They don't appear to be Bijur types.

Is anyone familiar with these meter units and have a Bijur cross reference?
    I have the maintenance manual for the series two which is helpful, but not the series one. If I had this a should be able to cross reference it myself.
    Does anyone have a copy of the series one maintenance manual?

Thanks for all your help.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Have you tried asking on Activity Stream - The Home Shop Machinist & Machinist's Workshop Magazine's BBS or Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web?
    Those are the two sites that spring to mind where you'll likely find an answer.

Failing that Bijur have a good guide on Single Line system design at http://www.bijurdelimon.com/fileadmi...istance_BR.pdf

Out of curiousity, where are you getting the parts?
    I'm currently waiting for some new pipe to arrive to fix a leak to see if my autolube is working as it should, however I'm expecting to need some new metering units.

Cheers m_c,

I'll try a post there too.

Lubetec are Bijur reps.
    I haven't contacted them yet.
    Lubetec UK-Centralised Lubrication Systems

Arc Euro trade also stock what look like compatible units, but knowing which ones are needed on each oil point is my problem.
    If I had the maintenance manual I could cross reference from other types.

Thanks for your help.

Hi, you could try lathes.co for a manual. G

PM me your email :-)
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    PM me your email :-)
    Pm sent, cheers.

Huge mail coming in!

The files are too big and bomb out so will send you the link where i got mine from

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Did you work out what metering units you need yet?

I ended up stripping the autolube on my mill (it's a shizouka ST-N - think bridgeport size but heavier!), as when I took the burst pipe of, I could see the first distribution block was full of sludge. Carburetor cleaner worked wonders at cleaning the sludge out, and managed to get good flow through all but 4 of the metering units. The ones that didn't clear were full of black solidified dirt/oil.

If it's any help, on the Shizouka, the 6 metering units on the table are 2's (there's 2 for each x-axis slideway, and 1 for each of the y-axis slideway). The 6 covering the knee are all 1's and the solitary quill unit is a 2. The ballscrews all rely on grease.

I had already found Lubetec via google, so I filled in their contact form with what I needed on sunday night, and I had a full quote back on monday morning. I phoned today to pay for it, so should have all the bits by the end of the week to get everything working.

Have you checked the Hardinge online parts lists? - Hardinge ECommnerce - Parts List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information