Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11
    this picture, where jonathan mentioned the z axis with only 2 bolts in.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8348234947_45692bb495.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	7921

    have they really opted for more z axis travel over rigidity..... and what is that piece of plastic all about?

  2. #12
    i2i's Avatar
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23-12-2016 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 693. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    look at the bidding going up in more or less 50 increments at the end, and a private listing. Very suspect....

    i doubt anyone who wants to win an auction bids a round figure

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    look at the bidding going up in more or less 50 increments at the end, and a private listing. Very suspect....

    i doubt anyone who wants to win an auction bids a round figure
    If you look at the sellers feedback everything he has sold has been by private listing so maybe just a coincidence about the bids but I have to admit I am always suspicious when someone sells so much stuff by private listing. You have know way of knowing who else has bid so could be shill biding going on plus a few other reasons I won't mention on a public forum.

  4. #14
    I quite like the private listing thing. Nosey sorts can't look through your feedback and see what you've bought since its just the feedback comments and no specifics. Few people do this though and mostly because it looks suspect.

  5. #15
    hey boys... perhaps we should remove this thread incase the innocent buyer becomes a new member.

  6. #16
    > two of the Z bearing blocks are only half attached by two bolts

    There are four holes in the back plate for the lower z axis blocks, so it looks like someone moved the blocks up to get the cutter head nearer the bed.

    Adrian.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    > two of the Z bearing blocks are only half attached by two bolts

    There are four holes in the back plate for the lower z axis blocks, so it looks like someone moved the blocks up to get the cutter head nearer the bed.

    Adrian.
    The Kress isn't the original spindle. There was a small chinese vfd jobbie on there when I saw it. That's probably why the block is moved up since the kress is shorter.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    hey boys... perhaps we should remove this thread incase the innocent buyer becomes a new member.
    Why they need to know what a pile of shite they have bought.!!

    I've just uncovered another victim from same shister with dangerous electrics and seriously messed up machine who didn't know or have a clue. Bought on good faith and after viewing a working demo machine only to receive something thrown together far removed from what was demo'd.

    So folks with these machines need informing of the potential death traps they may have bought or going to be using. This guy needs dropping off the Humber bridge with concrete block chained to his Ankle and I go over said bridge every week and would gladly oblige.!!

  9. #19
    Watch it Jazz, thats heading down south. G.

  10. #20
    i2i's Avatar
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23-12-2016 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 693. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Why they need to know what a pile of shite they have bought.!!

    I've just uncovered another victim from same shister with dangerous electrics and seriously messed up machine who didn't know or have a clue. Bought on good faith and after viewing a working demo machine only to receive something thrown together far removed from what was demo'd.

    So folks with these machines need informing of the potential death traps they may have bought or going to be using. This guy needs dropping off the Humber bridge with concrete block chained to his Ankle and I go over said bridge every week and would gladly oblige.!!
    I'll say you were visiting me on the say in question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •