. .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Just HOPE people looking to buy see this thread and... not buy mine (When I flog it to buy something else.)

Actually do you think I have any rights to make them take the machine back and give me a refund.

Looking back through my emails the invoice is dated 6th of Jan but I didn't recieve the machine until Feb. So I have had the machine for less than a year.
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 15-01-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

2. I could put you in contact with a few advocates but you would have to move quickly due to the time issue. Though the fit for purpose (FFP) issue might be different up here in Scotland and you might wish to look into it. personally I sold mine as is and documented the limitations to the buyer (that way I am being honest to the next guy down the line). There is no way, given an machinist and industrial engineer's opinion in court that they would win on a FFP case. Not on their smaller hobby units, that I was told would have no problem handling acrylic and hard woods.

Michaael

Quote Originally Posted by gavztheouch View Post
    Actually do you think I have any rights to make them take the machine back and give me a refund.

Looking back through my emails the invoice is dated 6th of Jan but I didn't recieve the machine until Feb. So I have had the machine for less than a year.
    Not really after nearly a year.!! . . . . Thou you could contact him and say how upset you are about the disgusting quality of build and see what he says or his prepared to do help ease the pain.?

These make Strikes attempt look passable!

Marchant Dice? More like Rip Off Marchant. C$£ts!

If you don't mind me asking how much did they charge for that? I'm guessing about £2000?

Close to £2000 yeah.

I think the complete system was £4000 for the extra £2000 you get a shite pc with mach and three stepper drivers.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by gavztheouch View Post
    Close to £2000 yeah.
    How F@~$ing much. . . .and you didn't even get drives.? . . . .What did you get for nearly 2K.

Working on those prices the machine I made for Micheal would be £30,000. . .

Everything in the pictures including the motors. No electronics.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'mnot wanting to defend Marchant's machines, but press fit works fine if done right. There are far more critical machines relying solely on pressfit to keep things together.

As for the lack of thrust bearings, I've got a lathe that would of cost far more than a few thousand in todays money that relies on the stepper motor bearings to hold ballscrews in place. It's not ideal, and most likely will have an effect on longitivity, but it works.

I am wanting to upgrade my lathe, but it's still currently rattling out lots of parts bang on size without any issues.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'mnot wanting to defend Marchant's machines, but press fit works fine if done right. There are far more critical machines relying solely on pressfit to keep things together.
    Think you'll be hard pressed to any commercial or even serious Hobby CNC machine that press fit Ballnuts or run ballscrews without some form of end fixing.?? . . . It's Bad practice pure and simple and proper manufacturer wouldn't do it.!

What size machine is this we are talking about ?

Press fit is fine provided it's pressed into something substantial, pressing a bearing into a length of licorice extrusion doesn't cut it with me.

Also stepper motors have one bearing pre loaded with a wavy washer to allow for expansion, any design that relies on this setup of deep grooved bearings and flexible thrust again isn't good design.

I can understand cutting corners to save money, many make that mistake but at these prices quoted they are not cutting corners to save money they are fleecing customers who believe all the bullshģt
    John S -

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information