Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1
    Hi guys, im introducing to this world, i have not much idea about how it works really but im trying to reading a lot. I decided to post a new build threard here . ( thread of my introdution http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/new-me...-new-here.html)

    Machine i want to build is for exhaust flanges and so, not bigger parts really , maximum size should be 600X400mm, thanks to blackburn for info i will order soon linear rails to them:

    linear rail SBR16-1200mm(4 rails+ 8 SBR16UU blocks),SUR | eBay

    They told me i would need 690X490mm rails, i assume that will be ok, do they?

    Drivers for controll the motors (i assume) will be this:

    CNC Wantai Digital Control 4Axis Stepper Driver,24-80VDC/7.8A www.wantmotor.com | eBay

    And the motors i will get this :

    http://www.diycnc.co.uk/html/cnc_systems.html

    I can't design it yet with solidworks since i have not idea about sizes and what other parts i would need really, if any has any input i will appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

    Walter .

  2. #2
    Hi there Walter, I take it you have got a plasma to start with.. For the height control you can do it manually or just get one of these units to put on to your plasma..
    Proffessional Compact CNC Plasma THC Controller ( Torch Height Control ) | eBay

    They are very good and save a lot of headaches if you choose to cut thinner metal it can warp and cause you problems.. this unit takes away all the pain.. there are some pictures and instructions of the setup at the bottom of the page, ive fitted a couple of these and was very impressed..

    I am building a plasma/router myself at the moment. I will keep an eye on your thread and if i can help in any way let me know, ive been using the plasma at least once a month lately as im building an american hotrod (40/32 ford with hemi motor) as a side project, so you can see my need for a cnc as well for fabrication

    Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

  3. #3
    Hi, woow!! great info!

    i havent plasma yet, i really havent any parts, just reserarching info but next month i will begin to buy some parts like linear rails and motors..

    what plasma machine do you use? what is the maximun thickness machine cuts?

    Any info , pictures about router will be appreciate it alot.

    Thanks Rick!

  4. #4
    They told me i would need 690X490mm rails, i assume that will be ok, do they?
    normally we would have our bearing blocks further apart than this however I’m assuming Chai understands that this is for a plasma cutter and has calculated that having the two bearing blocks tight up against each other will work fine in this application
    personally i would be more comfortable with 50mm to 100mm gap between the blocks especially on your X axis (making the rails 790x590)

    But I think I may be being over cautious

    Your drawings don’t have to be perfect :)
    it is a good idea to show some drawings before you commit to buying equipment as it is quite to easy to overlook something simple

    good luck :)

  5. #5
    I have a Cut 50 and it will cut 10mm at a push but it is rated at 8mm. and cuts that easy. Do you have a compressor for the plasma yet? Remember Dont just buy the first hardware that you get told about have a look around and see if you can get a deal or bargain, the further you can get your cash to go the better later on.. Plan it, post it, re-plan it, re-post it, and so on..

    Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

  6. #6
    D.C.'s Avatar
    Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walterronny View Post
    And the motors i will get this :

    http://www.diycnc.co.uk/html/cnc_systems.html

    The same motors are cheaper here:

    Nema23 3.1Nm

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post


    normally we would have our bearing blocks further apart than this however I’m assuming Chai understands that this is for a plasma cutter and has calculated that having the two bearing blocks tight up against each other will work fine in this application
    personally i would be more comfortable with 50mm to 100mm gap between the blocks especially on your X axis (making the rails 790x590)

    But I think I may be being over cautious

    Your drawings don’t have to be perfect :)
    it is a good idea to show some drawings before you commit to buying equipment as it is quite to easy to overlook something simple

    good luck :)
    Hi, i see, well, maybe i will order 790 X 590 for going safe!

    Abot drawings, i will try doing that this week begining drawing rails :)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    I have a Cut 50 and it will cut 10mm at a push but it is rated at 8mm. and cuts that easy. Do you have a compressor for the plasma yet? Remember Dont just buy the first hardware that you get told about have a look around and see if you can get a deal or bargain, the further you can get your cash to go the better later on.. Plan it, post it, re-plan it, re-post it, and so on..

    Rick
    Good info! do yo can shoot some pics of 8 and 10mm steel cutted by Cut50 please? i was thinking in to get that plasma too!

    Thanks for comments.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    The same motors are cheaper here:

    Nema23 3.1Nm
    great! thanks! i will ask for shipping cost .

  10. #10
    Just had some times to draw motors, havent...more sizes so i got this according drawing from here Nema23 Stepper Motor 3.1Nm x 3

    3 motors i will need :)



    I will make motor mounts and post here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RFQ: Plasma job...
    By Boscoe in forum Projects, Jobs & Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-09-2013, 08:43 PM
  2. what electrics cnc kit to use for 3x4 cnc plasma
    By whensparksfly in forum Plasma Table Machines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-02-2012, 07:33 PM
  3. First Plasma Cutter
    By antsals in forum Plasma Table Machines
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-05-2011, 07:58 AM
  4. my first plasma build
    By oadamo in forum DIY Plasma Build Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 31-12-2010, 07:15 PM
  5. plasma cad
    By jamied in forum Computer Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-08-2010, 03:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •