. .

Thread: Cutting Fluid

For a while I have been using Rocol RTD spray and found it to be very good by also very smokey by the time I had done a fair bit of cutting. I even got to the stage of installing an extractor fan in the workshop to suck out the fumes from it.
    But someone gave me a tub of Rocol Ultracut Evo 250 to try. Its superb!! Used it today for the first time. 1 in 20 mix with clean water and used a small spray bottle to apply it.
    Very little fumes from it and its not as clingy as the oil based stuff so the chips clear better as well. I like it alot.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Water soluble is better for the majority of cutting, and is what I use for most machining.
    However, pure oil is better for operations with high loads, such as tapping, and where you really don't want things to stick/gall, such as parting of in a lathe.

I wish I had tried it earlier. It is far better.

I love the smell of Rocol in the morning, kinda smells like progress.

I didnt mind the smell too much. It was the smokescreen that wasnt too impressive

Thread Information