. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lives in Chatham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 06-02-2014 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 14.
    anyone got an opinion on this? also on the supplier 'Axminster' there about 10 miutes down the road from me part of the reason I'm looking at this Sieg machinealthough I didn't want Taiwanese or chinese but if Axminster warrant them?

seig-kx3s-milling-machine

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Might want to ask John S, I think he used to work for Sieg.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    anyone got an opinion on this? also on the supplier 'Axminster' there about 10 miutes down the road from me part of the reason I'm looking at this Sieg machinealthough I didn't want Taiwanese or chinese but if Axminster warrant them?

Don't dismiss Taiwan machinery completely. Yes you can get some rubbish machinery from Taiwan but if you are prepared to pay you can also get some world class machinery from there too. I've been importing CNC Spring & Wire forming machinery from Taiwan for over 15 years. Our latest machines use up to 21 axis and can easily compete with German & Japanese machinery on quality, speed & accuracy and are generally 25-30% cheaper.

Some videos on Youtube here: NuCoil HX-60 Double Torsion 1-3 - YouTube and here: NuCoil GX-40 Double Torsion Wire Form - YouTube

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I didn't want Taiwanese or chinese but if Axminster warrant them?

They all give you a warranty, but what is that worth. The minimal level machine you should go for is a tormach, i would set my sights a lot higher than that.

Again, what dimensions do you need on each axis, xyz movement.?

Lives in Chatham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 06-02-2014 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 14.
    reckon on an envelope size around these sort of figures 300mmx 250mmx 150mm thuis should give me a varied product size range, I do like the Tormach 1100 mill but it's all the poncing around importing etc and by the time you've done that it's twice the price....well you know what I mean....anyhow this sieg machine is just down the road from me see it touch it (then rubbish it...LOL) I'm waiting for them to get back to me with a price complete with the 4 axis and whether it has an ATC option should be interesting
    I'll be honest it's a bit of minefield out there with regards to CNC Milling machines do you buy new, used, which make, which model I mean I got a few criteria it has to fill like it's got have a 240V Power Supply (as it'll be running in my garage off the mains) it needs to weigh less than 1500kg, be no wider than 1200mm, be enclosed, be quiet(ish), have a 4th Axis, have ATC option.......am I dreaming does such a thing exist

just totted up my ideal Tormach see below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tormach 110.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	8002

Name:	Tormach shipping.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	8003

the shipping without the Machine and deluxe stand comes to $2500+ the CNC Machine and Stand are going to be at least double that (call for quote) so I reckon $10,000 to ship that's more than half the cost of the machine.....LOL.....just to get it landed then there'll be her majesty adding another 12% import duty and 20% in VAT.........hahaha.....I reckon this $17,000 (£10,750) machine will end up costing another £6000 to ship + 12% inport duty + £2010 = £18760 then 20% VAT on that lot giving a grand total of £22,512.......you might be able to get away with the VAT as it's classed as Workshop Machinary but then you'll have to be buying through a Ltd Co.........Blimey!!!

it's still a nice machine though
    Last edited by Russ; 21-01-2013 at 07:43 PM.

7. Have a word with Hurco about the New VM5i thats coming out. i think its been launched in the US but not here yet and I'm sure that it will run off single phase worth inquiring. Good machines Hurco's are ask Oscar I'm sure he will agree.

Also for the money if it does indeed cost that for a Tormach then i would seriously look at Hurco as its in a different league altogether.

Ive personally got a Hurco and it serves me well and does everything i expect, sometimes more :)

just totted up my ideal Tormach see below

Name:	Tormach 110.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	8002

Name:	Tormach shipping.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	8003

the shipping without the Machine and deluxe stand comes to $2500+ the CNC Machine and Stand are going to be at least double that (call for quote) so I reckon $10,000 to ship that's more than half the cost of the machine.....LOL.....just to get it landed then there'll be her majesty adding another 12% import duty and 20% in VAT.........hahaha.....I reckon this $17,000 (£10,750) machine will end up costing another £6000 to ship + 12% inport duty + £2010 = £18760 then 20% VAT on that lot giving a grand total of £22,512.......you might be able to get away with the VAT as it's classed as Workshop Machinary but then you'll have to be buying through a Ltd Co.........Blimey!!!

it's still a nice machine though
    Ok here is what i do with the shipping, and i only wish i could do it for you.. I asked at a few of those american car shows here in the uk what they did to import parts, before long i had enough space on a container to import two V8 Hemi engines and gear boxes back to in the UK for less than £400 for the shipping, i know its a long shot but they often have a little space left on the container that needs filling before it is shipped, and the promis of custom made parts has a good effect, I did have to collect from port though..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Have you considered second hand?

If you can rearrange the shed it is surprising how little industrial size machinery goes for.

Welcome to Asset Bidder

axyz is a good option, Do not buy Emach brand new, used ones are good, as I used to build and service them. as for budget, without atc option, a 1250 x 1250 m/c will set you back 14 to 18k brand new, used around 4.5 to 8k. with ATC add another 1 to 2k on used prices.

Keep a look out on www.lotsurf.com ( or co.uk ) they do have them come in at times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information