. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lives in Chatham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 06-02-2014 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 14.
    Thanks guys, definitely considering second hand.......I seem to be falling for the Denford VMC range seems to fit all my requirements....just need to find one with 4th Axis, ATC and Flooc cooling

Lives in Chatham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 06-02-2014 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 14.
    I had a look at this last weekend the KX3S-SIEG the only downside for me is that there's no ATC Option and it doesn't come with the 4th axis although it's prewired for it......I got to say it was a tad bigger than I thought it was going to be and the quality looked pretty good the spindle post was approx' 4" Sq solid steel it was all rather substantial and the controller boards looked good quality too....but then I don't have any experience of these things......cost £6995 delivered the 4th axis adds another £900 but he said there'd be a deal on that (you bet there would be :) ) anyways I think I'm going to hang fire untill I find myself a secondhand Denford VMC 1300 with 4th Axis and ATC....thought I'd post up anyways

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	512 
Size:	587.2 KB 
ID:	8166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpeg 
Views:	501 
Size:	322.3 KB 
ID:	8167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	487 
Size:	304.1 KB 
ID:	8168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image4.jpeg 
Views:	821 
Size:	534.0 KB 
ID:	8169

Lives in Nottingham(ish), United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-03-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 55. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    £7k for a KX3 ! How does that compare to an X3 with a 'respected' CNC kit fitted?

£900 for a 4th axis ! The one supplied with my Syil SX3 is still sat in the cabinet unused in it's original grease, is it worth £500?

I've heard rumblings from one or two private individuals over the years who've bought ex school Denfords & found Denford extremely difficult to work with in regards to supplying software & manuals etc. It might be that they 'prefer' to deal with educational establishments only. Situation may have change, but it might be worth hunting down a few private owners before you set your heart on one.

P.S. Who's the dodgy geezer in photo 4? I can't say I'd buy a £7k mill off him

I would be tempted to look at the RF45 versions as it has a much bigger table. Arc though have the KX3 for under 5K?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Mind you the Syil's come with a lot of extra's?

@Chas

dodgey geezer was the Axminster Sales chap..... :) very nice and not at all pushy didn't big it up more than what it was...thought I'd better get someone in the picture as a reference to how big it was......with the Denford I'd get it converted to run the mach 3 software the Sieg runs windows which is a plus

Hi there,

Another new-bee on the scene. Hope you don't mind me chipping in on this post, but I have read it with great interest as I am in a similar possition to the OP.

I am looking for a Desktop 4-axis CNC mill for model making. Something that can handle mild steel and aluminium. The bigger the travel the better. Ideally no less that 300mm / 200mm / 90, no more that £7K all in.

I have found some CNCs made by G-CodeTechnology. The ICP 4030 or ICV 3040 seems to float my boat and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on either of these machines.

The OP is after a ATC option. May I ask what this is?

Many thanks

W.

ATC is an Auto tool changer. Isel machines are ok but a bit flimsy for the money they charge is my view. 7K would buy you a secondhand machining centre if you look around. You could even pay somebody to convert a decent mill twice over as well.

Hi Wombilly,

I *think* I found you on "LinkedIn" ,,,
    I wonder if you are able to help... I am purchasing an EM900 machine this week, and I understand you had dealings in these.
    Have I dropped a clanger or is this a good machine to start in MDF shape cutting etc ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide, and future results of advice could well earn you some Hob Nobs and Doughnuts :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wombilly View Post
    axyz is a good option, Do not buy Emach brand new, used ones are good, as I used to build and service them. as for budget, without atc option, a 1250 x 1250 m/c will set you back 14 to 18k brand new, used around 4.5 to 8k. with ATC add another 1 to 2k on used prices.

Keep a look out on www.lotsurf.com ( or co.uk ) they do have them come in at times.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem !

I have an eMach router set-up. I'm pleased with it and as a 3 axis machine it does everything I want...
    If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information