. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    You can't swap functionality around, however the UNO has 6 Analogue capable inputs, 16 Digital pins, of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs. The UART, I2C, TWI, and SPI pins are spread out, so you're not likely to run into pin clashes. I've not paid that much attention to the Atmega328 datasheet, but I think the UNO uses most of the chips capabilities.
    The Mega on the other hand has a couple limitations that have caused me issues.. (why they only implemented 4 out of the possible 8 external interupts, and shared two of them with the TWI pins I really don't know)

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    What m_c said.

You can't reassign any function to any pin but a lot of the pins are multifunction and you can choose how to use them.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    If you run out of pwm pins for playing with led's try a TLC5940 or two.

1 hour! youtube vid
    How to Control a Ton of RGB LEDs with Arduino & TLC5940 - YouTube

i got to about 30 minutes and got lost tbh.. i'm too early in the arduino game to understand that. i really would love a cube of some sorts just for fun, but even watching his videos i'm still baffled lol

I have managed to use one to make a camera on a gimble move by using the mouse through the PC

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    i got to about 30 minutes and got lost tbh.. i'm too early in the arduino game to understand that. i really would love a cube of some sorts just for fun, but even watching his videos i'm still baffled lol
    In that case try using a 74hc595, they are easier to use and cheaper to blow up and there are a few led cube tutorials for them including sample code. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    I have managed to use one to make a camera on a gimble move by using the mouse through the PC
    i would be interested in seeing this, any videos?

8. Ok, Now I am going to ask for some help.

I have just given my self a project, and like I do, I have jumped in the deep end of the pool with lead boots on.

Has anyone done work with I2C?

If so you might be able to help me with my current project: O2Micro OZ890 Based BMS Units.

Best Regards.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I2C is pretty simple, however you need to know the address and registers.
    I use it to access RTC chips, and also for MIFARE (although I've not got past the 'oh, it works' stage, as other projects have taken priority over playing with smart cards)

It's usually possible to change the device address (allows multiple similar devices to share the same bus), so I wouldn't be too concerned about it not being as in the spec sheet.

Just read the examples, then dump the read bytes to serial to see what you're getting.
    Then figure out what you need to do with those bytes to extract the information you need.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information