. .

Thread: Team viewer

I do not know if this site Team viewer is well known about or if it would be of any interest here.The program will allow a remote viewer to take control of your computer and operate it from afar. I was amazed that a friend in Newcastle (yes, I do have friends that are northerners) was able to take control of my router and reconfigure the controller, and indeed run the machine. This program has a free to user version for non commercial applications. I wondered if this might perhaps be of some use to site users. G.

The program is ID and password protected with a new password generated randomly for every use. G.
    Last edited by GEOFFREY; 25-01-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: added security comment

I,l have a look at that Geoffrey cheers.
    Last edited by dazza; 25-01-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Lots of this type of software available Geofrey, not heard of this particular site so don't know if it's any good or how secure it is but 10 years ago I had a franchise & they supplied you with a commercially available software so they could log in to your system & help you out or maybe it was just so they could spy on you lol.
    It wasn't free but there was even a company advertising a similar sort of thing on the telly a few years ago.

Thanks Martin. I was not aware of other systems (or even of this one) until I had a problem and got it sorted. This is a system that can be used by anybody, so I don't think that spying comes into it. I thought that perhaps some one that was having problems configuring their machine might benefit from a more experienced
    site member being able to access their config files etc and help resolve problems. The security system requires the password to be given on each session (by telephone)and is automatically changed as soon as that session is ended. I have used it three times now and have found it very useful. Obviously it goes without saying (but Ive said it anyway) you would only give your password to someone you trust!! G.

Thread Information