. .

Thread: Newbie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello folks,
    Would have said good morning but just looked outside and seen about 4 inches of snow!!! - just what you need when you have to travel to next town to take off radiator in mums house so she can decorate.

Anyway, came across this informative site when browsing around for information on buying and eventually converting a mill or mill/lathe combo to cnc. Have my eye on a Emcomat 8.6 lathe/mill at the moment but have not found any info on conversion as yet.

I am into motorcycles and am in the process of building what is known as a hybrid (parts from different makes/models) and need various customs parts (mainly brackets and turned parts) made up and have been let down or given ridiculous time scales by local engineers that I thought I might give it a go myself.

Also noticed that some members do offer to carry out work so may end up going down that route instead, till I do a fair bit more research into the viability of cash outlay for said machine and conversion and the amount of use its likely to get.

Nigel

Wellcome to the site.There are several motorcycle fiends on the site, so I am sure you will soon get some help. G.

Hi dieseldog
    Welcome to the site.
    I have had an Emcomat 7L for about 35 years and it's done me proud, please start a build log if you do go ahead with a conversion as i would be very interested, it is a major annoyance having to change all the gears when wanting to screwcut.
    Regards
    Mekanik

Welcome to the forum Nigel, some very helpful people on here so should be able to help you no matter what route you decide to take.

Thank you for the welcomes.
    Unfortunately the Emcomat did not come my way so will have to keep looking for now.
    For now though I will have a good browse around the forum area looking for information that might come in useful in the future.

Regards
    Nigel

Thread Information