. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great idea Brian and if I wasn't such a long drive from them I would do just that.

I have found that there is a local company who panel out the insides of transit vans and the like with plywood so I am going there tomorrow. You never know they just might be using the right grade and or they might have some off cuts which I could use.

Again I want to thank everyone one the forum for their support in this quest, just think once we find a supplier for me then you will all know of a supplier....
    Life lesson number 1: If your not enjoying it your doing it wrong...........
    Life lesson number 2: Refer to Life lesson number 1...........

How about furniture grade pine board 14mm thickness 500 x 1500mm.? I have access to a pile FOC.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    How about furniture grade pine board 14mm thickness 500 x 1500mm.? I have access to a pile FOC.
    How much for 20 sheets.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    How much for 20 sheets.
    Check emails.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Check emails.!

Would you be willing to sell to anyone else? :)

Ccrewz, where in the Northwest are you, there's a timber yard in Ellesmere port that usually have a good range of stock.

Ellesmere Port is about 20 minutes away; I am just across the English / Welsh border in Connah's Quay.

What is the name of the Timber Yard you are thinking of?

Thanks

I have just sent Booker Timber an email and I will be dropping in on them tomorrow to see what they have in stock/can supply.

Thanks to Philly and everyone trying to help me and I will post tomorrow night once I have some more information.

Well everyone I have some good news!

today I went to Bookers Timber Ltd in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire and had a chat with them and saw some of their BB grade Baltic Birch plywood and I also spoke to Steve Caddick from their Sales office at their Warrington office.

Steve was VERY helpful and he clarified the Baltic Birch plywood grading system for me.

If you look on their site: Chipboard, Marine Plywood Sheets. Mdf Sheets & Pin Boards - BookerTimber.co.uk you will see that S grade is the highest quality and BB is the next rating down.

Steve explained to me that the ONLY difference between S grade and BB grade was the number of knots/defects/patches in the outside layers of the plywood. The inside structure and the quality of the plywood is not different.

Therefore after talking to Steve we both agreed that the BB grade Baltic Birch plywood his company supply would be suitable for my needs. Of course I will need to get a couple of sheets after I get paid and try them for myself. Once I have done this I will of course post some pictures and the overall results.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful help you provided

Glad to hear, they've never failed to help me in the past, even my dad used to use them. Wish I still lived there :D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information