. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    If I am posting this in the wrong area I am sorry but I have done a search of the forum and not found the information I am looking for.

I am looking for a supplier of Baltic Birch Plywood in the UK. Not the poor quality "Baltic Birch" availabile in B&Q or Wicks or Jewson's etc etc but the GOOD quality stuff like Ikea uses for there products.

If you follow this link you will see a child's kitchen play set and the page has a built in magnifier which will allow the viewer to see the quality of the Baltic Birch:

DUKTIG Mini-kitchen - IKEA

I know that it is available here in the UK however I am having trouble finding a supplier.

I want to make some doll cribs and children's rockers for auctions to support my granddaughters ongoing cancer treatment; I am not going to post a link to her page because I am not trying to use this forum incorrectly but if anyone doubts why I am after quality Baltic Birch please send me a pm and I will give you links to prove what I am doing it for.

ANY help would be gratefully received; I need to get these done ASAP!

Thanks in advance,

Life lesson number 1: If your not enjoying it your doing it wrong...........
    Life lesson number 2: Refer to Life lesson number 1...........

Have you spoken to any of your local Timber merchants? If it were me I would go visit a couple of them rather than search the net. May find that they stock it but it's not listed on a website or if they don't stock it they can order some in for you. If they know what you want it for you may also find they help out a bit if it's for a good cause, not all but some local businesses will do that so it's worth a shot.

Does it need to be Baltic? PB Plywood look like they have some good stuff especially under the veneered plywood (they do birch veneered birch plywood, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrewz View Post
    I want to make some doll cribs and children's rockers for auctions to support my granddaughters ongoing cancer treatment; I am not going to post a link to her page because I am not trying to use this forum incorrectly but if anyone doubts why I am after quality Baltic Birch please send me a pm and I will give you links to prove what I am doing it for.
    Bugger them post the link nobody's going to complain about helping a little girl with Cancer and if they do then they better get ready to be flamed grilled darker than a black hole.!!

Sorry can't help with plywood.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    post the link nobody's going to complain about helping a little girl with Cancer
    I agree entirely.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

OK I will take a chance:

https://www.facebook.com/AnyaBenthamAppeal

Neuroblastoma Alliance UK is fundraising for Neuroblastoma Children's Cancer Alliance

I have already been around to the local suppliers asking them about the sort of plywood I am after and unfortunately the response is not too encouraging. Frequently they say:

"Yes I know what you mean but I do not know where to get it, sorry."

Or they simply look at me as if I have 2 heads...

Then I re-explain that I want to make things for children and therefore it must be quality plywood to make it safe and then they say:

"OH I see, but I don't know where you can get it."
    I am also planning on making some cradles and Rockers to donate to Alder Hey's Ronald MacDonalds. Without that facility the parents of sick children would be completely lost.

ANY help is going to be greatly appreciated.

I have just emailed PB Plywood to ask them if they can help.

I don't expect an answer until Monday and I will post an update.

Thanks to everyone, if we keep at this I am sure that between us we can find a supplier. You never know when more of us might need a supplier of this grade of plywood.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Hi try http://www.lathamtimber.co.uk/icmedi...%20Plywood.pdf or Holdex Plywoods

I think the type for toys is grade one Hope this helps. Clive

Come on Lads here's the link so instead of another packet of fags or 6 pack beer put it to some good and help out.. . Justify how you like.? Call it payment for all the help you get here what ever like just give something PLEASE.!!

Doh.!!. . . Bloody hell just remembered I have a friend who owns a wood yard so I'll call and see him on Monday.!

If you need any of this stuff cutting via CNC then just drop me a line.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information