. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey Guys,

As the title states, where is the best place to buy 2.2kw water cooled spindle and VFD? there seem to be loads on eBay all stating they have higher grade bearings and original vfds. I dont want to pay extortionate prices but I also don't want to end up with some fake cheap tat that will fail in 6 months. I'd also prefer to avoid import duty if possible.
    Cheers,
    Charlie

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieRam View Post
    Hey Guys,

As the title states, where is the best place to buy 2.2kw water cooled spindle and VFD? there seem to be loads on eBay all stating they have higher grade bearings and original vfds. I dont want to pay extortionate prices but I also don't want to end up with some fake cheap tat that will fail in 6 months. I'd also prefer to avoid import duty if possible.
    Cheers,
    Charlie

Charlie. It is mainly the vfd you have to watch out for see this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-2KW-ER2...AAAOSwyy5dHuUt

the good ones are like this with the blue relay and two sets of terminal blocks also take a note of the front panel and the way it is laid out. you used to be able to get them from Germany (solar gene) but they seemed to have dried up.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Charlie,

As the most trusted manufacturer for the cheap Chinese VFDs and spindles seems to be Huan Yang it made sense to me to go direct to them and avoid the risk of getting a counterfeit unit. They have a store on Aliexpress called Haun Yang Drive which is where I bought mine a few months ago. By buying the spindle and VFD as a set I saved some money and was confident of getting components that matched and while setting up the VFD it appeared to have most of the programming already set to the values recomended elswhere on this forum for that spindle. Delivery was prompt and I have had no problems so far. The spindle arrived with a 4-pin socket with one pin already connected to the case. You will have to buy suitable cable and wire up the supplied plug yourself. You will also need to buy whatever size ER20 collets you require other than the 6mm one provided.
    The only thing I didn't like was the absence of any reply to my pre-purchase enquiry about what warranty they offered but I think you'd be lucky to find anyone giving good answers to such enquiries at these prices.

I'm in Australia. Whether there's a European supplier (you are still in Europe for the time being even with Bozo in No.10 ) that can save you signifficant import duty is for you to discover.

Kit
    Last edited by Kitwn; 26-07-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Cheers, I already have er20 collects for my mill and I have 1.5mm 4 core CY cable for the spindle, is that big enough?
    I've found this one on EBay, looks right...what do you think?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F262127534702

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieRam View Post
    Cheers, I already have er20 collects for my mill and I have 1.5mm 4 core CY cable for the spindle, is that big enough?
    I've found this one on EBay, looks right...what do you think?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F262127534702

That looks like it is similar to the one I linked to. 1.5mm is more that enough but make sure that you securely clamp the cable to the Z axis so that there is no strain on the plug as if the plug comes loose or breaks a wire it will let the magic smoke out of the VFD
    ..Clive

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Cheers Clive, the one you linked to was air cooled but I'd rather make a little more work for myself by adding water pump etc! I'll give it a whirl then. My machine is nearing the end after over 4 years!!

Silly me l did not notice that I was mainly looking at the vfd. Yes go for the water cooled one
    ..Clive

You should also take a look at these spindle motors:

http://www.jian-ken.com/

probably the best engineered stuff I've seen come out of China

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Voicecoil For This Useful Post:

Charlie,
    When you do look at the cooling I found that using larger diameter water pipe greatly inreased the water flow from the pump I bought. The spindle fittings take 5mm id pipe but I get double the flow rate through 5m of 8mm pipe with short 5mm stubs at the spindle end than I did through 5m of 5mm pipe. PVC pipe diameters and wall thickness may vary the world over but the 5mm supplied by my local hardware store is a tight fit inside the 8mm size so gluing in the stubs was no problem using the standard glue for PVC plumbing. One of the plastic barbs supplied with the pump was just right for the larger tube, the 5mm size required an expensive extra brass barb so there's a saving to be made there as well!

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitwn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    You should also take a look at these spindle motors:

http://www.jian-ken.com/

probably the best engineered stuff I've seen come out of China
    Thanks, If I build another with atc I'll check those out. They look good but I'd already ordered the eBay one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information