. .
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Hi Mike, yes i could have used a thinner plate and packed the parts out but it just allowed all of the parts to be machined out of 1 sheet of material, saved ordering separate pieces.

Cheers Dean, will get some vids up soon. I was going for the industrial look with the bolts ha! i havent had much time to play around with it lately but as soon as i do i will get posting.
    Dan

Opinions please. The pulley on all of the axis were bored out manually on a pillar drill (I know, stupid idea - I had no acess to a lathe) so they are are slightly off centre. They have 1 m4 grub screw in also clamping onto the flat of the motor shaft / ballscrew shaft.
    after the slipping episode I am wondering whether to
    a- have them rebored to a larger diameter and have an insert made up and add another grub screw for fixing
    b- order some new pulleys that are pre machined at around £70
    how much would optio a cost (if anyone is up for the job) or would anyone want to buy my old pulleys to modify and use.

i was just going to loctite them in place as is but if they align at worst case the belts tighten and loosen which isn't the best.

next question.. My dust extractor is linked via a relay for Mach to control. When in e-stop mode the relay is inactive. When the machine is reset the relay is active and switches the extractor on. How do I get the relay to be controlled via the g code command instead. The vfd run start stop is controlled this way and works fine but I have wired the extractor in a similar way and it's not working as expected.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danielroyal25 View Post
    My dust extractor is linked via a relay for Mach to control. When in e-stop mode the relay is inactive. When the machine is reset the relay is active and switches the extractor on. How do I get the relay to be controlled via the g code command instead. The vfd run start stop is controlled this way and works fine but I have wired the extractor in a similar way and it's not working as expected.
    Some people use the relay built into the vfd to switch the extractor on and off, you will need to program it for this operation by consulting the manual.
    You could use the Mist and Flood coolant outputs controlled by M7 and M8 in the G-code file. These are in the 'Ports & Pins / Spindle Setup' page of Mach3, you would then have to enable the corresponding output in 'Output Signals'.
    This is just a similar arrangement to M3 and the relay you set up for the spindle.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 07-05-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

New pulleys required Dan don't waste time with bushes etc not worth the hassle and would take just has long to make as boring new pulleys.

My Lathe is down at the moment else I'd offer to bore some new pulleys for you but sure some other kind sole might offer there services.!!

Regards The Vaccum then you want it controlled by an output then use M7 or M8 to turn it on and M9 off. To do this is just the same as with the spindle.
    Select an output # in Mach's Ports n pins and set to the Pin number your using for the relay, either one built into BOB or separate controlled thru an output pin (or both).
    Then in Spindle setup in ports n pins uncheck the "disable flood mist relays" box then enter the output # number (not pin number but OUTPUT number used) for either M7 or M8 depending on which M code your going to use in the G-code for turning on the vacuum. You can set a delay for it to come on if you want in the box next to Output #.

Thats all there is too it.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 07-05-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Ok, il try and answer what I can...

First off, I think you are referring to Chai. http://http://stores.ebay.co.uk/linearmotionbearings

Hi Lee, i have tried to contact the above address but have had no luck. is there some other way to contact Chai. has he a site i can order ballscrews, slides. etc? thasnks in advance Paulro.

p.s i'm just designing a cnc of similar size to this one and am at the drawing stage.

Hi Daniel, great build. i have steel ordered for a similar build and am curious to know the inside dimensions of your m/c. the travel of your x and y axis. i have allowed 1440 mm inside dimensions allowed for 1220 mm standard width of sheet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INSIDE DIMS.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	12995

i'm trying to minimize this dim so i can minimize the length of the gantry. i'm also curious about the distance from the spindle router collet face to the work table . as i say the steel is due in next Tuesday / Wednesday and i'll start cutting the frame members early next weekend so i have these last couple of days to refine and tweek the frame design. any input would be greatly appreciated. by the way ,it would be great to see videos of the m/c in action. !! cheers , Paulro.
    Last edited by PAULRO; 08-08-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks Paulro,
    X & Y both have 1250mm travel so will cut a full 4x4 sheet allowing 15mm a side. Just make sure that you allow for the width of the z axis, so that when the z is at either extreme of its travel it passes the board to make full use of the sheet and allow a little extra so that the z axis doesnt max out on its travel.
    i think i left 150mm between the collet and top of the bed, i should have made the bed height adjustable really, but maybe next time....
    i will try and get some vids up soon, i have been tweaking it lately and trial cutting projects so once it is all ok i will post some videos. let me know if you need any more info, all the best!
    Dan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danielroyal25 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information