1. Hello folks.

    I'm thinking about undertaking a restoration project of my own and was wondering if any of you guys had an idea about what kind of finish this is and whether there are companies out there who can still do it...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16RHJHQE9nzEzNWyBQOC3tJ6H!~~60_1.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	8070

    Here's a close up of how the texture looks...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrinkle2.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	8071



  2. #2
    It looks like powder coat with a wrinkle finish. There are quite a few companies that do this. Do a search on google.

  3. #3
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 7 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,031. Received thanks 223 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    It's just wrinkle effect paint. Comes in a tin, with instructions.

Similar Threads

  1. how to fill/paint letters that i have engraved in wood ?
    By cockneyrebel in forum Wood Finishing Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-03-2013, 10:21 PM
  2. help me identify this please
    By wilfy in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 10:26 AM
  3. RFQ: Shot blasting or other paint removal
    By craigrobbo in forum Projects, Jobs & Requests
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 31-01-2013, 11:21 PM
  4. Fancy a screw? Identify this leaky biatch!
    By Lee Roberts in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-08-2012, 08:57 AM
  5. Powder coat & paint
    By craigrobbo in forum Metal Finishing Techniques
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 08:06 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts