Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11
    Thanks for confirming.

    Jesus. Just when I think I've had all the shit I'm gonna get from Strike a little more comes along.

    I'm sticking with Mach because I've spent the last year playing around and learning its drawbacks and advantages. Better the devil you know and all that.

  2. #12
    Try the mach3 forum, they should be able to give you a definite answer if you do not get a responce quickly out of mach themselves.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

    ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

  3. #13
    Ant watch that code because it's using M4 which is running spindle in reverse and while you don't use Mach to control your spindle know you may later on.
    You may have just clicked the wrong setting in CAM or your post could be screwed up but either way sort it now else it will bite you later.!

    With the G90.1/91.1 then just change the I/J setting in general config and leave the code alone, it's easier has some code will work in Absolute rather than incremental mode for G2/3 moves. It's easier and less prone to error using I/J in General config than chopping and changing code and forgetting.

  4. #14
    I use mach to control the spindle now mate so thanks for that. It'll only work with M3 though because I've not wired the VFD for CCW and none of the cutter I have are CCW anyway. I'll have to take a look at the post I'm using and my toolpaths. I probably forgot to set Conventional milling or have the contour profile set in the wrong direction.

    Are you saying leave G90.1/G91.1 out the code and set for it within Mach for most reliable results?

  5. #15
    Works a treat now:


  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Are you saying leave G90.1/G91.1 out the code and set for it within Mach for most reliable results?
    No saying if it was G90.1 leave it and change the I/J mode in general Config to Absolute. Then vise versa if your code uses g91.1 and it' doesn't do what you expect then just change I/J Mode to Incremental.

    Also doesn't matter whether using Conventional or climb milling you still want spindle spinning clockwise and M4 spins it Anti clockwise if connected.
    Like I say I'd sort it now because one day it could bite if you ever decide to connect spindle for both directions.?

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No saying if it was G90.1 leave it and change the I/J mode in general Config to Absolute. Then vise versa if your code uses g91.1 and it' doesn't do what you expect then just change I/J Mode to Incremental.

    Also doesn't matter whether using Conventional or climb milling you still want spindle spinning clockwise and M4 spins it Anti clockwise if connected.
    Like I say I'd sort it now because one day it could bite if you ever decide to connect spindle for both directions.?
    Ahh I see your point. Its a problem with the post I'm using but I've edited to switch around the M3 and M4 commands and it now works as expected producing M3 instead of M4. Why would you use M4 anyway? I take it there are mills out there that are CCW or is this some special case?

    Also how do I set my dwell time? The spindle take a few seconds to get up to speed and Mach is wanting to get going before its ready. Could be problem if its trying to cut whilst still spinning up.
    Last edited by Shinobiwan; 31-01-2013 at 02:55 AM.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Also how do I set my dwell time? The spindle take a few seconds to get up to speed and Mach is wanting to get going before its ready. Could be problem if its trying to cut whilst still spinning up.
    Ports&pins/spindle setup then General parameters CW delay. . . . OR possibly need to set the ramp up time on the VFD.?

    You would want spindle reverse if you was doing rigid tapping and things like that.!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ports&pins/spindle setup then General parameters CW delay. . . . OR possibly need to set the ramp up time on the VFD.?

    You would want spindle reverse if you was doing rigid tapping and things like that.!
    Cheers mate.

    Remember its one of those shitty Chinese VFD's so it'd probably blow a capacitor or something if you tried to up the ramp time lol Safer to do it in software.

    I have added a line in my post to include an G04 P4 right after the G3 but your way looks better.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Cheers mate.


    I have added a line in my post to include an G04 P4 right after the G3 .
    Been doing this for ages, big CNC has a 7 HP motor on it and it takes a couple of seconds for it to spool up.
    John S -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Simple O-ring calculator.
    By jcb121 in forum General Computing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-07-2013, 09:00 PM
  2. RFQ: Simple job cutting simple shapes out of camera lens cap
    By RockandGrohl in forum Projects, Jobs & Requests
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20-04-2013, 01:23 AM
  3. RFQ: Very simple small part
    By Shinobiwan in forum Projects, Jobs & Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 01:02 AM
  4. Machine co-ordinates button in Mach 3
    By alan2525 in forum Artsoft Mach
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-04-2010, 10:57 PM
  5. why is nothing in life simple!
    By ptjw7uk in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 09:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •