. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hey guys,

I knocked out a simple test code for 3D. Its a funnel shape.

3dtest.txt

I can get it to run fine with Mach in simulation mode but on the machine it halts at line:

N750 G2 X805.793 Y703.765 I15.766 J2.607 F3000

No error message and the cnc isn't in estop. Its like Mach gets to that part and decides to halt and go no further.

I've tried lowering feeds and switching to from G90.1 to G91.1. That did fix some problems with the initial contour roughing but doesn't do anything for this.

I may be wrong, but Is it a trial version, if so it may be restricted on the number of lines of code it will allow you to use.

Mach3 without the licence will allow up to 500 lines of code, but the line you've quoted is line 152 in your file, so it doesn't look like that's the problem. Just to be sure though, in mach3 goto 'help' then 'about' and see what it says under 'Licenced to'. I don't think there's anything wrong with that particular line, since for instance it's identical to line 15 (N65).

It wont help with the current problem, but either way try putting G64 at the beginning of the code. This will make the machine run in 'constant velocity' mode, instead of 'exact stop' (G61) which causes it to move exactly through each co-ordinate which often makes the motion not very smooth.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Grrr...

Ok so I messed around with the post processor I use in the CAM and got it to run further but still having issues.

Its easier to make a video than explain so...

It stops at 498 which is scarily close to the 500 line limit of the demo. I also notice that the toolpath window omits a large part of the code once you refresh the toolpath after homing and setting work zero. Do I have the trial version? Dunno but at this stage its the only thing I can think of because the code appears OK. What I can tell you is I do have a registered version of Mach provided by Strike when I bought the machine. Looking into this more the weird thing is it states its registered to some random guy called Ivan if you check the license info from within Mach. I'd have thought it would have been Strike or my name there? I've got nothing else. All of this was given to me by Strike on a burnt CD containing the license key, mach3 setup along with manuals and video tutorials.

Should I try reinstalling Mach and if so which files do I need to save in order to keep all my settings? Is it just the xml?
    Last edited by Shinobiwan; 30-01-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Just tried to look at the video but it says private?

It sounds very much like the licence is at fault, which sadly doesn't surprise me as I think someone else I helped with a StrikeCNC machine was given a fake (or no) licence. Illegal licences for Mach3 do exist, however most companies stop them working after software updates, so that's probably what has happened here. If they had bought a licence for you it would have your name on it. Either way you should get a licence, or dare I say it, try LinuxCNC as it's free.

If re-installing you need to keep the .xml file which stores the settings for your machine and the licence file, both of which are stored in "Program Files". If you want to be sure just make a copy of the whole mach3 folder and put it somewhere safe, as it's not that big.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Thanks. The video should work now.

Why am I not surprised that Strike probably gave me a dud copy? Still screwing me over lol. Brilliant. Anyway I'll try reinstalling and hope that fixes the problem.

Is there any particular version of mach that's considered more stable than most? I have 3.042.40 on the CD but notice there's a more up recent version available from download from the Mach website.

If it is a dud copy I don't think I'm about to shell £100 when I can get an Eding or PlanetCNC USB controller and software for not a whole lot more and have the advantages of usb along with the limitation lifted on the number of inputs.

I use eding usbcnc and now that I'm getting used to it its a good bit of software and hardware.
    Just for info I have ran your code through NCPlot and it runs fine to the end.

Just send your license off to Mach and ask? if it is genuine they will have a record of it?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Just send your license off to Mach and ask? if it is genuine they will have a record of it?
    Done just that. I reckon we all know what the answer is going to be.

I really do like Mach. With the 2010 screenset its pretty much as good as it gets for the layout and functionality I want. I've been playing with the demo versions of Eding and PlanetCNC software. Eding isn't quite as nice on the layout but still good and PlanetCNC I don't like. They both lack a good semi auto tool change macro though. That's a really nice feature of the 2010 screenset. Community support for both of these seems thin on the ground compared to Mach too. If I run into problems I know its quick and easy to find an answer with Mach.

Sod it, think I'll just get a copy of Mach and have done with it. I can always add a smooth stepper or similar later on.

registered to some random guy called Ivan
    Ivan is the name you will see if it is indeed a cracked/Illegal copy

Illegal licences for Mach3 do exist, however most companies stop them working after software updates, so that's probably what has happened here.
    The crack only works with older version of mach, so if you have an updated version it will act like the demo.

Not surprised to see strike cutting corners again, I don't know how the law works if you bought an illegal copy unawares but the penalties for having hooky software on your pc can be tough.

I have just bought a Kflop controller which gives you the option of using USB with mach, plus almost unlimited user inputs and output. The kflop also comes with free mach style program called Kmotioncnc. The best thing about kflop is you can use it with encoders to close the loop on your steppers.
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 30-01-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information