. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's hard plastic, definitely not pliable. I've been trying to cut a shape using a heavy duty scalpel and I can only seem to score it :(

I'll send it today I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by RockandGrohl View Post
    It's hard plastic, definitely not pliable. I've been trying to cut a shape using a heavy duty scalpel and I can only seem to score it :(

I'll send it today I expect.
    I bought a slack handful of this type of lens cap from ebay I'm 90% sure they are ABS

So is ABS a good plastic to cut on a milling machine? When I was asking for them to be cut I didn't think it would be like.. laser tools and stuff. At school (years ago!) we had to cut into Acrylic and it was a CNC machine that just kind of.. lathed them out? I don't know how to describe it. Like a spinning blade that moved according to the design you had on the 'puter. I was thinking of hiring someone with the same thing. Hopefully G man can help me out here haha.

Hi John, well as Geoff has probably already let you know, I sent him a selection of 5 lens caps I bought off ebay which cut beautifully. I then bought 100 from China and had them sent over, I sent them to Geoff and when he tried to cut them they melted, indicating a different plastic. Do you think your laser would be able to cut them? I need to have 100 cut for my personal project, and am willing to pay. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity with working with Geoff because of these new circumstances but as everyone on here probably already knows he's a top bloke :)

Geoff has been on the phone today and is sending a cap over and some artwork so i'll give it a try.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Geoff has been on the phone today and is sending a cap over and some artwork so i'll give it a try.

Great news, thank you very much :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information