. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Good day all.

I was going to make my own tramming tool, but I just don't have the free time.

So can anyone please recommend where I can buy a tramming tool within the UK?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

ive only found the one uk seller on ebay,usefull bit of kit,not sure wether the price is good or not ive never used one.
    High Accuracy Milling Head Square/Tramming Gauge - Edge Technology Mill Tram | eBay
    and
    http://www.agl-distribution.co.uk/ed..._store=agldist
    Last edited by dazza; 04-02-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Just use a dial gauge in the spindle and buy the cheapest brake rotor [ brake disc ] you can to sweep round
    John S -

I just used a few bits of steel bar to hold the dial indicator in the spindle, offset by an appropriate amount, then take 4 readings and compare to find the gradient in each direction. Those ones on eBay are just a gimmick.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I just used a few bits of steel bar to hold the dial indicator in the spindle, offset by an appropriate amount, then take 4 readings and compare to find the gradient in each direction. Those ones on eBay are just a gimmick.
    While I would agree that they are not really needed Jonathan I don't think I would go as far as to say they are a gimmick. It's a quick an easy way to set up so will work better for some people especially if time is a big issue. Oh & no I don't own one lol.

I use a dial gauge and a sheet off glass to avoid false readings. If i had a tramming gauge i would certainly prefer it to make the job quicker
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swarfing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    I use a dial gauge and a sheet off glass to avoid false readings. If i had a tramming gauge i would certainly prefer it to make the job quicker
    Sheet of glass is a good idea & cheap enough to get a bit as the company in the unit next door do replacement windows lol.
    It should be easy enough to make your own tramming gauge & there isn't much to them so shouldn't take long either.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Day Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Ugh dirty imperial!

I'm gradually changing to metric, an inch at a time.
    John S -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information