. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As title.

Very little use on a Z axis. Curiosity got the better of me and have just replaced with a closed loop stepper drive and motor combo with an eye to going this route on all axis eventually.

Its an 8 lead 2 phase with a good 25cm left on the leads.

Datasheet and dimension here. http://cnc4you.co.uk/resources/60BYGH401-03.pdf

£25 + £4 postage
    Last edited by Jonathan; 13-02-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Sold

I'll let someone else have this, got enough !
    John S -

Ill take it please.

Looks like I'm too late, but if not then I would like to buy it.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Hi Ant, could you share about the 'closed loop' set-up? I guess this is servo? Please post on your Strike thread :)

Hi Tenson

Jazz has done a Youtube video showing one working here is the link

Leadshine Closed loop stepper - YouTube

Andy

Now sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    Hi Ant, could you share about the 'closed loop' set-up? I guess this is servo? Please post on your Strike thread :)
    I'll put a video up next time I cut something along with a pic or two.

Its not servo but closed loop stepper. Basically a stepper with an optical encoder and matching driver. Works quite well but limited speed and torque from this bottom of the range offering. Its only 50v and 2Nm but that's OK for a Z axis. You can get bigger and better versions based on the same tech but I wanted to try it out before committing to that sort of outlay.

New Leadshine 300W 3-phase Hybrid Servo Drives Set HBS57 Drive + 573S09EC Motor | eBay

Jazz covered the same model in this video

Bigger, badder version here. This one runs upto 100v and 8 or 4Nm depending on the motor model you choose. I'd go with these for the X and Y if you've got a some weight in the gantry and a large cutting area.

Leadshine 300W 3-phase Hybrid Servo Drives Set HBS86H Drive + 86HS80-EC Motor | eBay

That's a big jump in price from the one you bought to the larger motor, can understand why you decided to try a smaller motor first lol. Still the price is still well below what you would pay for a servo set up.

Sorry to keep this off topic from the sale, but what is the difference between a servo motor and this? Servo really just means a feedback loop which is what the optical encoder provides. Also is the smoothness Jazz mentioned not simply to do with the motor? I wouldn't think the encoder will be responsible for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    Sorry to keep this off topic from the sale, but what is the difference between a servo motor and this? Servo really just means a feedback loop which is what the optical encoder provides. Also is the smoothness Jazz mentioned not simply to do with the motor? I wouldn't think the encoder will be responsible for that.
    The term 'servo motor' is generally used for DC or brushless DC motors, which tend to have a low pole count compared to a stepper motor, so they are quite different in that respect, however the control systems are similar. The 'smoothness' is greatly dependent on the resolution of the encoder, which is where 'genuine' servo motors are likely to be better since good ones come with much higher resolution encoders - 16-bit and 20-bit are common, compared to only 10-bit (1000ppr) on the stepper motor linked to. To put it simply, with a higher resolution encoder the controller is getting more information about the motor, so is able to compensate for errors, and smaller positional errors.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information