. .
    hello

thank you for entering inmy post

I will have a trial for aprogramming job

I haven't been makingprograms for quite long time however I did download iTNC530programming station and I've been using this software for more than 1month and I find it very useful to refresh my memory

they will give me adrawing which can be anything however according to their industrysectors I think it will be more a steel rather than aluminium or anyother light material

I don' want to spend longtime to make calculation for feed and speed

I will probably have thiskind of tools:

Normal twist drills whichcan be coated or hss, diameter 5
    Normal tap which can bediameter 6
    an 80 face mill with tips
    a 20 profile mill withtips
    a 10 rough profile millwith 4 flutes
    a 10 finish profile millwith 4 flutes

May you please give meyour parameters of this tools about feed and speed for a steal FE360

any suggestion accordingthis matter will be very appreciative

thank you in advance foryour help

Can't help you with info, But I do wish you the very best of luck with your trial. G.

No one can give you definite answers to your questions, unless they have used the machine you are programming for and under the exact same conditions that you will be using it.
    Ideal Speeds and feeds are only learnt through experience, all any person/software can give you are ball park figures. You never know what will work best until you actually start cutting, and then you adjust the speeds to suit. Sorry if this isn't very helpful.
    Good luck.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Surely as part of the trial/test job, you should be asking what tools are available, where the speed/feed information is for the specific tools available, and what material is being machined?

To just start making assumptions is wrong.
    If they don't have the speed/feed information available, then explain you should really use it, but you will use ballpark figures to demonstrate you're programming abilities.

Thank you very much M_C
    yes that's exactly what I was asking for I need to know at least the Cutting speeds to each of these tools in meters per min (MPM)
    where could i find these information

thank you very much to everyone

Thank you very much Oscar for your reply

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Cutting speeds you work out from feed per tooth/insert, which varies depending on tools and materials. You then multiply the No.of Teeth x RPM x feed per tooth to give you the feed rate,.
    However you'll first have to work out RPM from the recommended cutting speeds and cutter diameter.

The best option is find a tooling catalogue, look at some of the more common tools/inserts, and do some calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Cutting speeds you work out from feed per tooth/insert, which varies depending on tools and materials. You then multiply the No.of Teeth x RPM x feed per tooth to give you the feed rate,.
    However you'll first have to work out RPM from the recommended cutting speeds and cutter diameter.

The best option is find a tooling catalogue, look at some of the more common tools/inserts, and do some calculations.
    Thank you M_C

I did some search about a tolling catalogue but I couldn't find anything that match my need

do you have any experience about it where could I download a good and simple tooling catalogue

thank you in advance for your help

Thread Information