. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have been doing some googlehopping to try and find something I need .. its here Pipe As it says in the advert Made of flexible,
    "formable corrugated stainless steel, this product can flex and bend to make just about any shape, and will hold its shape once bent without leaking. It's easy to cut to length with a variety of tools including hacksaws, reciprocating saws, and cutoff wheels".

I want something like this about 3/4 to an inch bore to use for dust extraction I'm buggered if I can find a UK supplier or if there's another alternative that's used for something else ? Anyone any alternatives I only really need about a foot of it . I did try and make an extractor hood but I don't have the skills ( it fell to bits) so I'm just going to run the flexi pipe down to near the bit and suck up the dust like that. I have used compressor pipe and it worked ok but I cant get the angle i want under the spindle so the vacuum is not as affective. Can anyone help plz ?

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Try googling flexible exhaust pipe or

this on ebay

20mm ID 24mm OD 3/4" Flexi Pipe Tube 1metre Exhaust Flexible | eBay

Bill

I seem to remember that that type of tubing was called "Gooseneck" tubing... Hope googling that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTodd View Post
    Try googling flexible exhaust pipe or

this on ebay

20mm ID 24mm OD 3/4" Flexi Pipe Tube 1metre Exhaust Flexible | eBay

Bill
    I think that wont hold its shape Bill ? Goose-neck is very close though thanks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It would actually be cheaper to buy a flexible lamp for £9.99 and strip of the gooseneck pipe !

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The flow resistance for such a small diameter pipe will be high, so even though it is quite short you may have problems depending on what kind of swarf you are aiming to extract.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The flow resistance for such a small diameter pipe will be high, so even though it is quite short you may have problems depending on what kind of swarf you are aiming to extract.
    Mainly wood dust , I'm only really concerned with the saw / dust.. large chips I'll sweep up after its finished.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

go to your gas meter cupboard look at the pipe on the inlet of the meter that is connected to the regulator this is around 3/4 is stainless and is flexible if this is suitable and long enough for you i can get you one minus the regulator and all u would need to pay is whatever it costs to post

Hi have you thought of using flexible exhaust pipe just looked on the tinternet and found a company Spare Parts for Honda Belle Stihl Husqvarna | Chainsaw Spares | L&S Engineers selling 1.25 " dont know if its ss thou

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Flexible exhaust pipe won't hold it's shape.

For cheap and easy, some 1" hose taped to a bit (or a couple bits) bent metal wire/bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information