. .
    Lives in North Walsham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-02-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    We started with a Kress 1050 fme and that worked well we ended up putting 8 sets of brushes in that router. When that router died we bought another that router did quite well having about 6 sets of brushes in i,t then that one burnt out. While this was going on we had another machine built to take the Kress routers.Then we started having problems the next router we bought lasted 5 hours and burnt out, needing to keep the machines that these routers fit ingoing we bought another this one lasted about 4 hours. We bought another while all previous routers where being repaired this lasted 15 hours being nursed very carefully.By this time we had bought 5 of these Kress routers and all had burned out. I find it very strange the first 2 routers did alot of workand the last 3 barely got warm before they died.
    out machines are manual feed and we are using quite small cutters. Has anybody else had problems with these routers as Kress in Germany are trying to blame me.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Tbh if you are getting through that many routers it would seem that strain you are placing on them is way outside what they are supposed to take and you need to upgrade to a spindle that is designed to take the level of use you want.

Try chucking in one of the water cooled chinese spindles and using the same feeds & speeds.

I have a simple RULE.? bite me ounce and I give you a good hard slap.!!. . . Bite me twice and I knock you in to next foookin month..!!

Dump the rubbish and buy a decent spindle like Elite if it's so important to keep continuity. Even the cheap Chinese water cooled spindles are much better than Kress routers and they will accept greater range of cutters with correct collets. They are cheap enough to buy a spare to maintain continuity.

i think this post should be a sticky and spammed to new guys inbox's until they agree when they build a machine they will just get the damn 2.2kw water cooled spindle and be happy they didnt spend 4x times its cost making mistakes on them kress things!

Thread Information