. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use the Mach2010 screenset and I guess its got its own macro's for homing because ref all doesn't try to home slaved axis on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    I fixed it! The problem was that I was hitting 'Ref All Home' which seemed to home Y with A at the same time since they are slaved then homed A independently. The solution was to go to the diagnostics page and click 'Ref Y' on its own rather than Ref All Home.
    Check what code is in the "Ref all home" Button. Go to "Operator" menu and select "Edit Button script" it will read something like:
    DoButton( 24 )
    RefCombination(3)

DoOEMButton(133)
    DoOEMButton(134)
    DoOEMButton(135)

Either Delete and enter what's below or comment out the existing lines by putting ( ' ) before, anything after the ' is ignored and treat has comment. (It's on same key has @ on my keyboard.?)

DoButton( 24 ) ' Z axis
    DoButton( 23 ) ' Y axis
    DoButton( 22 ) ' X axis

First Z axis will move then Y axis then X axis.
    If you want Y & X other way round then just switch last two lines.

Oh and make sure you save before closing Script editor.!!

Should work fine now.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 22-02-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks Jazz I'll try it next week... I crushed the buttons again! My fault this time I had limits switched off and hit the wrong key >.< Doh!

4. Hi,

I have today finally breathed some life into my router and too are looking to home the Y Axis (2 x Stepper + 2 x Proximity Switches). A few things that I would like some help on please. Are there only certain buttons that the script can be changed? What are the script changes mentioned above actually doing? Would the script changes mean that I wouldn't be able to use the individual Reference axis buttons on the Diagnostic page? The Ref All Home button on my Mach3 doesn't match the quoted scipt above. It is as below. Any reason for this and does it matter?

DoButton( 24 )
    DoButton( 23 )
    DoButton( 22 )
    DoButton( 25 )

DoOEMButton(133)
    DoOEMButton(134)
    DoOEMButton(135)

I am a little scared that a wrong setting could potentially damage my machine during the homing process and therefore I want to learn what these changes and settings are actually doing so that I am better able understand my machine and in the future hopefully help others. Regards Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Cube3 View Post
    Hi,

I have today finally breathed some life into my router and too are looking to home the Y Axis (2 x Stepper + 2 x Proximity Switches). A few things that I would like some help on please. Are there only certain buttons that the script can be changed? What are the script changes mentioned above actually doing? Would the script changes mean that I wouldn't be able to use the individual Reference axis buttons on the Diagnostic page? The Ref All Home button on my Mach3 doesn't match the quoted scipt above. It is as below. Any reason for this and does it matter?

DoButton( 24 )
    DoButton( 23 )
    DoButton( 22 )
    DoButton( 25 )

DoOEMButton(133)
    DoOEMButton(134)
    DoOEMButton(135)

I am a little scared that a wrong setting could potentially damage my machine during the homing process and therefore I want to learn what these changes and settings are actually doing so that I am better able understand my machine and in the future hopefully help others. Regards Simon
    That will be fine.
    The first 4 commands home the Z,Y,X,A in that order and the other 3 would Zero X,Y,Z encoders if they where connected.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 03-03-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information